In the continuing saga of dimensional weight and how it is being applied

Had a shipment this morning using tracked to the USA. The amount paid by buyer matched what was charged at the time for creating the label. Also matched according to the eBay Calculator tool. Below is the warning message received prior to confirming printing of label.  (Note:Girth measurement does NOT match the formula according to CP). The measurements keyed in when listing was created were actually smaller than final numbers keyed in for processing:  38 x 28 x 12 cm. Actual weight 1.83 KG vs 1.90 KG. Weight on label  when it printed because it was USA showed 1.83 without any measurements.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1713214788590.png

According to the CP page for all services maximum for Dimensional weight are as follows:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-us-international/size...

Screenshot for USA Tracked/Small Packet Air:

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1713215165839.png

38 cmx 28 cm x 12 cm = 78 cm. Under the 900 mm

devon@ebay  Can you confirm with eBay Labels the correct math is actually being applied for tracked/small packet air shipments?  I have included a copy of a screen shot for the formula CP uses for USA Expedited for comparison below.  Critical to note it is NOT the same formula as USA Small Packet Air/USA Tracked. Also can you pass on that if revised, after the fact charges are being charged to sellers they should include an explanation explaining those charges in detail. Currently it only references the tracking/shipment number with an amount.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

@dinomitesales 

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1713215986582.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's being applied correctly. I've sent a bunch out that were over the length + girth size but not over the tracked packet size. I haven't had any issues (at least I didn't see any).  They really do need to fix that display bug though.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

devon@ebay 

As @lotzofuniquegoodies  and @flipistics  point out, the Tracked Packet USA labels are giving an incorrect message to sellers.   The correct forumla for maximum dimensions on those packages is Length + width + height = 900mm.    As you can see in the label screenshot, the display is showing a forumla that relates to girth that is not used for that service.  

Could you also please ask the shipping team to confirm with Canada Post what the expedited lite maximum dimensions are,  what formula they use to figure that out and to check if the ebay calculator is synched with that. Sellers have posted that they are able to print expedited lite labels but are getting charged for Expedited parcel later on as the dimensions did not work for expedited lite.  In a package is too big for expedite lite, the seller should not be able to print a label for it.  Or be charged correctly at the time they porinted the label.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply