My Sponsored items are showing an inaccurate, VERY HIGH shipping rate anyone else ???

Hello fellow ebayers, I recently started doing promoted listing where you offer a certain percent of your items value, in order to have it ranked higher.

Anyways when the sponsered ad show up at the top , the shipping price is way way more , turning buyers off, a $8 shipping rate shows as $24, is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong.

Ant, S 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

My Sponsored items are showing an inaccurate, VERY HIGH shipping rate anyone else ???

It would be helpful if you told us the titles of some of the sponsored items where you are having the problem.  Is it domestic or international shipping that is high?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Found one. The geosafari glow in the dark. In the non sponsored listing it shows $39 shipping to Alberta. Is that correct,  that seems high too?  The European shipping cost is $12ish so the box can't be heavy. Are the dimensions correct?

Anyway...when I look at the sponsored listing on the search page,  it show me $54.80 shipping to  Alberta as well as to anywhere else in Canada.   But when I click on the listing itself it shows me the $39 shipping to AB and $24 to Toronto.   Actually, it is showing the $54.80 shipping on the search page regardless of a person's location.

tyler@ebay   If you do a search for 'geosafari glow in the dark' you will see the op's sponsored listing. Why is the shipping so much higher in the search view than in the listing itself? On the search page the shipping cost shows as $54.80 regardless of where in the world the buyer is located.  When you go into the actual listing, the shipping corrects itself.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @pjcdn2005!

Hi @markiku - I'm not sure what's happening here. I've reported this with the promoted listings team and hope to have some more specifics sometime in the near future. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you both for your replies.

If you search for the following 

Rare Wall-e Wall E Robot Pixar Disney President GROLIER Christmas tree ornament.

the sponsered shipping price if I were to ship it to my self is showing $24.51 in search view 

on the regular ad in search view it shows $12.05, but when I go into the listing the shipping prices are correct when I put in different destinations.

I hope this gets fixed soon, When I started doing the sponcered listings it was great but now it`s tapered off to what it was before.

Thank you pjcdn2005 & Tyler for your concerns 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I`ve cancelled all my campains waited and relisted a new campain , hope it works , 

will keep you updated if it corrects itself.

Ant

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

well I deleted my past campains and re did a new one but still it`s doing it again 

I will wait 24 - 48 hours and cancel it if not fixed  hope fully the sponsered ebay team can have a look at what is going on.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi @markiku - I got word back from the Promoted Listings team, and they really appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention!

They have begun work on identifying what's going on with this and implementing a fix. This is going to take time, and they've advised that it could take into next year to correct. 

For the time being, there is a large chance that Promoted Listing campaigns will show a higher shipping cost than you are actually charging. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

a fix early in the new year.....

is the  Promoted Listings team mailing in the fix..?? 

lol.. couldn't resist.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

By next year my business may be DOA. Just when I was seriously thinking about running some. Oh well ebay obviously dosen't need sales.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply