Shipping issues while trying to list

Hi, so I have a couple annoying issues when it comes to selecting the shipping options while listing an item. I realize if I want use a shipping service besides Canada Post it has to be a fixed cost. So this is not the problem.

My first issue is I use Canada Post calculated shipping to ship throughout Canada, but then select fixed cost for USA. The Issue is that I like to select the UPS Standard United States option and then add the rate that I would like to charge, but for like 6 months now even though that option is under the fixed rate section, it shows a rate of C $38.92 - C $47.72. When I click that option, it promply kicks me out the shipping section completely and I have to start all over again by click the push button ship internationally again. It will not allow me to select that shipping option as I guess the system thinks I am selecting a calculated shipping option even though its in the fixed cost section. I get around this problem by not adding the dimensions or weight of my package until I have selected US fixed method, where those rates (C $38.92 - C $47.72) are now not there. I then add the weight and dimensions of my package, so my Canada Post calculated shipping prices pop up. This seems to work, but it is just annoying that I have to do this. As their request I have submitted a video of the problem to Ebay months and months ago and have not received any communication since then.

My second issue is that since Ebay/FedEx has now a shipping partnership, the only option under fixed cost for me for FedEx is FedEx International Priority - USA  1 business day. This would likely be a crazy expensive option. So I have never chosen this option. But skip forward to when you sell something and create a shipping label and I see that there's a FedEx International Economy option. I have used this option a couple times at the create a shipping label section because the rates were very good, but I feel obligated to contact the seller to see If I can switch to FedEx instead of UPS Standard shipping that I have always used in the past. Again its just a pain having to contact the buyer and wait for a response when you just want to ship your item out as quick as possible. 

Is there something I am doing wrong here or is just more of Ebay's glitchiness problems that never get fixed.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@sodabottle123 

When looking at the options for flat rate international I do see FedEx international economy and FedEx International Ground so you could use those for the US.  Do you see those options? I don't know how accurate those delivery times are though. 

devon@ebay 

To be a bit more specific about the problem that the op is having...

On the listing form there is a domestic section that we can set up for calculated shipping or for a  flat rate shipping cost.  There is a separate International section where we can also specify calculated or a flat rate service and cost.  It has always been possible to choose flat rate for one section and calculated for the other section.  Using flat rate gives more options for the seller to use that do not use the calculator.  Examples of that are economy international shipping, UPS shipping etc.

But on the .ca new listing form if the seller sets up calculated shipping for Canada and then tries to set up flat rate shipping for international, it only allows the seller to choose the Canada post options as it seems to assume that the seller wants to use calculated for international  even though they have specified flat rate.  The seller can set up international first so that they can use the non calculated options but that should not be necessary.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@sodabottle123 

When looking at the options for flat rate international I do see FedEx international economy and FedEx International Ground so you could use those for the US.  Do you see those options? I don't know how accurate those delivery times are though. 

devon@ebay 

On the listing form there is a domestic section that we can set up for calculated shipping or for a  flat rate shipping cost.  There is a separate International section where we can also specify calculated or a flat rate service and cost.  It has always been possible to choose flat rate for one section and calculated for the other section.  Using flat rate gives more options for the seller to use that do not use the calculator.  Examples of that are economy international shipping, UPS shipping etc.

But on the .ca new listing form if the seller sets up calculated shipping for Canada and then tries to set up flat rate shipping for international, it only allows the seller to choose the Canada post options as it seems to assume that the seller wants to use calculated for international  even though they have specified flat rate.  The seller can set up international first so that they can use the non calculated options but that should not be necessary.

@sodabottle123 

@pjcdn2005 

devon@ebay 

The seller should be able to use the UPS options if they so choose. That would be substanially less and most likely less inconvenient vs Fedex. As a seller its best to show the options you are using. Not something that you are not.

In recently testing the eBay labels rate calculor the option for using Fedex does display but is not active. Also the system does not include ALL the CP options as it should. Possibly a work in progress???

-Lotz

https://www.ebay.ca/shp/Calculator

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

According to ebay in the past, UPS and Fedex did not want to do the work so that the ebay Canada calculator worked for their services.  They probably feel that no enough people would use it to make it worthwhile to keep up.  Based on what I've read on the US boards, both Fedex and UPS are notorious for adding on charges after the item has been delivered so I would be wary of any calculated option for them here.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

According to ebay in the past, UPS and Fedex did not want to do the work so that the ebay Canada calculator worked for their services.  They probably feel that no enough people would use it to make it worthwhile to keep up.  Based on what I've read on the US boards, both Fedex and UPS are notorious for adding on charges after the item has been delivered so I would be wary of any calculated option for them here.

@pjcdn2005 

Did you try a test with the above  link?

-Lotz

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I've tried that link.  Why?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Mainly to see how it is/isn't working.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Which Canada Post services are not showing?

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

-Missing CP Expedited/Xpresspost for anything under/over 2.0 kg to USA.

-Missing field for US zipcode.

- Sample packaging options below. Possible options for USPS. Not applicable for CP

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1669237455846.png

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

That is very odd that there is no expedited or xpresspost USA on there.

The list of packaging is basically useless since parcel or padded envelope pretty much covers it.  I assume the other packages are sizes that you can buy at the post office which has nothing to do with the price since they are not flat rate.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Exactly. It's a non working almost copy of dot com options for USPS. Testing apparently was not done before implementation. My best analogy would be like getting a car that doesn't come with brakes. Seems how most of everything arrives on dot ca putting Canadian sellers at a distinct disadvantage to their US counterparts.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Unfortunately, when I choose a fixed cost carrier to ship to the US, I do not have the option to choose FedEx economy or ground. The only FedEx option is priority 1 day shipping. The only way I can select FedEx economy is when I am making a label up, but like I said above in my initial message, I have to select another fixed rate option to list the item, so if I choose to use FedEx economy after the fact, I need to contact the buyer to ensure they are okay with me changing the carriers on them, which is a pain.

The first problem I stated Devon@Ebay got it spot on. Again its an annoyance, but since I figured out that I just need to select the international fixed cost carrier first before I add the weight and dimensions for my Canada Post calculated domestic shipping. I would just like to have the FedEx options for International fixed rate as the rates Ebay are offering are pretty good right now. 

One other thing I just figured out last night is that I can select add a second international services and the FedEx options somehow show there, but it will only work when its selected for Worldwide shipping, which I do not want. I only want to be able to ship to US internationaly and domestically Canada. If I hit the button Choose custom location, there is no US button to check off.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I don't know which response you are referring to that is "spot on" but Devon hssn't actually responded to this thread at all but I will try paging him again.  

Are you using the new listing form? The reason that I ask is that you are using a term that I only see on the old form which is 'choose custom location'.

Anyway...I just did a test and added the US as a shipping location Then  I was able to add another service to the US by clicking on 'add service' then choosing a service, then clicking on 'ships worldwide'  'destination' and United States. I don't understand why you aren't able to do that so that you could show more than one service to the US.

Also, I just checked again and when I set up the US as a flat rate, I definitely do see various Fedex options.  Under economy I see fedex international economy. Under Standard I see Fedex international Ground and then farther down are the more expensive Fedex services.  I did notice though that  I could not see those options if I had marked the Canada shipping as calculated.   Just like in your original post, if I had Canada as calculated and the US as flat rate, I could only see the options for calculated shipping.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Could you please respond to post 3 and pass on the info when you have time. Thanks!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Sorry about that. It was another community member that wrote that, not Devon. I don't know what form you are referring to? I do majority of my listing from the Ebay App. But even still they don't show up as well when I do it directly from their website. I have the new sellers hub, if that is what you are referring to.

If I choose my domestic shipping as fixed, i can see all the FedEx shipping options, but still, when I click the international shipping I have no FedEx option besides priority 1 day.

I wish I could just show my screen recordings, so you can see the issues, but they are about 12mb each and there's a limit of only 5mb to attach.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@sodabottle123 

devon@ebay 

Hi @pjcdn2005! Thank you for tagging me on this and letting me know. I will be sure to get this over to the Shipping Team to look into this issue. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hey devon@ebay any update on my problem?

Message 18 of 18
latest reply