Trouble Creating Listings Sometimes

Does anyone else have this issue? Sometimes when I go to create a listing, have all of the details filled in and then finally select "List Item" the loading wheel appears, but then quicky disappears and my item doesn't seem to get listed. Still on the listing page I then try to Save as Draft so I can safely refresh the page and try again, but the Save as Draft button also doesn't work. So I go to my drafts and find the listing I was trying to create which is then missing most of the detail I've entered. Typically my pictures and everyting below the Item Description section.

Eventually I am able to get my item listed, but it seems to take two tries which is really annoying becuase I have to fill in a lot of information again for a second time. This seems to have just started in the past month.

I'm using Google Chrome when I encounter this. I've tried a different computer and incognito windows as well yet I experience the same issue. Is there a fix? Do I need to use Firefox perhaps?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@electronic_dist_intl wrote:

Does anyone else have this issue? Sometimes when I go to create a listing, have all of the details filled in and then finally select "List Item" the loading wheel appears, but then quicky disappears and my item doesn't seem to get listed. Still on the listing page I then try to Save as Draft so I can safely refresh the page and try again, but the Save as Draft button also doesn't work. So I go to my drafts and find the listing I was trying to create which is then missing most of the detail I've entered. Typically my pictures and everyting below the Item Description section.

Eventually I am able to get my item listed, but it seems to take two tries which is really annoying becuase I have to fill in a lot of information again for a second time. This seems to have just started in the past month.

I'm using Google Chrome when I encounter this. I've tried a different computer and incognito windows as well yet I experience the same issue. Is there a fix? Do I need to use Firefox perhaps?

This has been going on for me too the last 4 or 5 days with Firefox. Only work around I have found is go to that newly created draft (that does show), confirm information has all been saved and resend. A few times I needed to re-add photos before hitting send. Then go back and cancel the draft in progress save(By closing the window). Follow up in the draft folder that listing has actually been removed.

-Lotz

tyler@ebay 

Is this a reported issue eBay is working on or a clear cache and cookies situation?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

FWIW - I save both the description and any pictures.

I write descriptions on my desktop in TextEdit and move my pictures from the scanner or camera to the desktop as well.

Then, if there is a problem the two most labour-intensive parts of listing are not lost.

YMMV

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I assume using an incognito window works as well as clearing cache and cookies. Doesn't seem to fix it for me.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Update: Appears to have the same issue in Firefox as well. Like I said I've tried multiple computers. There can't be only a few people with this issue right? Would eBay support do anything?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply