April 26 2022 Weekly Session

Hey guys! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers tomorrow morning. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

menalsco
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to know whether it's possible to open an individual/personal email account with seller payouts in USD. I can see the option to choose payout currency when opening a business account, but not an individual account. If it's not available now, is there any plan to have it available in the future?

Thanks,

Meyer

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi,

I have been managing eBay Canada account for over 3 years and have not seen any improvement in traffic under the Lighting category (Light and Lighting Fixtures). Compared with eBay.com and after analyzing data on Terapeak Research, the ebay.com lighting category generates well over $1 million sales/month and eBay Canada barely gets $1000/mth. 

I know there is a market for this product as our turnover on Amazon Canada is approx $200k/month. I don't see any representation from eBay on Google search Ads or Shopping and the ranking is practically zero on any relevant search terms. 

eBay was a fantastic platform back in the days but it seems like very little effort is being put in to compete with the likes of Amazon or Wayfair.

Thanks,

Aziz

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Quick correction, my message should read: I'd like to know whether it's possible to open an individual/personal EBAY account...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Reports of incorrect fees (ebay.ca, new April free listing changes not being applied):

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Listing-Fee-Charges/m-p/477711

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

From what I read on the dotCOM Boards, eBay seems determined to replace the Selling forms with the slow and horrible and slow and oversimplified and slow version of the already difficult to use Simplified form. which is awful and seems designed to discourage new sellers.

If I make templates, will those transition past the changeover to the horrible and slow new form, so I can continue to use the longer more detailed existing Advanced/Business form?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new day is a great big fish!-- Sir Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hello Jasmen,

Token question/suggestion for the week.

When a buyer sends a seller an offer we can tell where they are located and a bit of their history through feedback. Would it be possible for sellers to see a buyers location (not perfect but better than what is available now) without seeing their ID? A watcher can be located in a location the seller does not ship to. It would help sellers make a better judgement when it comes to sending offers.  Currently we send and then cross fingers. Hoping for the best.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@menalsco wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to know whether it's possible to open an individual/personal email account with seller payouts in USD. I can see the option to choose payout currency when opening a business account, but not an individual account. If it's not available now, is there any plan to have it available in the future?

Thanks,

Meyer

Hello @menalsco that option comes up only for business sellers at the time they sign up for payments. As of now there's no plans but I'm happy to pass along the feedback! 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@qplushome wrote:

Hi,

I have been managing eBay Canada account for over 3 years and have not seen any improvement in traffic under the Lighting category (Light and Lighting Fixtures). Compared with eBay.com and after analyzing data on Terapeak Research, the ebay.com lighting category generates well over $1 million sales/month and eBay Canada barely gets $1000/mth. 

I know there is a market for this product as our turnover on Amazon Canada is approx $200k/month. I don't see any representation from eBay on Google search Ads or Shopping and the ranking is practically zero on any relevant search terms. 

eBay was a fantastic platform back in the days but it seems like very little effort is being put in to compete with the likes of Amazon or Wayfair.

Thanks,

Aziz

Hi @qplushome thank you so much for all the details regaurding this, I appricate the feedback and I'm happy to pass it along for sure! 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@menalsco wrote:

Quick correction, my message should read: I'd like to know whether it's possible to open an individual/personal EBAY account...

@menalsco you're welcome to open a new personal account if youd like to! 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hey there @femmefan1946 your drafts and temptlate info will transfer over, thank you for the feedback as well! 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies It's a great suggestion, the problem is that the buyer can change the ship to address at checkout so it could be different but I'm happy to pass it along for sure! 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat today - it's closed but will return next week!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply