December 29 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hello and welcome to the last Weekly Chat of 2021!

Please leave your questions below and I will work on responding to them tomorrow afternoon. 

See you then!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Tyler,

Looks like there may be a problem with the eBay Canada Post account again? I get the error in the screenshot with Shippo this morning. I have not tried eBay lables yet as it still does not generate the proper tracking code for small packet and still does not display the country of origin code.

See attached.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I just tried the eBay labels, I get a different error, pehaps it is a Canada Post issue. Error is as follows.

"Please be aware that CANADAPOST is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience and if affected, ask that you try again later."

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Looks like there may be a problem with the eBay Canada Post account again? I get the error in the screenshot with Shippo this morning. I have not tried eBay lables yet as it still does not generate the proper tracking code for small packet and still does not display the country of origin code.

See attached.

@flyhooks4less 

Just processed a US shipment at 10:20 Mtn time . No issues for me. That error message you saw is slightly different than the one that normally displays. From my experience "any error message" with Shippo is removed once you update the customs information including hs code, country of origin and save. Double checked my printed package label + customs page and information was correct. The most critical thing with shippo is HS code must be ###### with no period. When it printed it displayed ####.## correctly. 

-Lotz

CP status page as of 10:35 Mtn...All good.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes it appears canada post has fixed the issue, sorry for the false alarm.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Yes it appears canada post has fixed the issue, sorry for the false alarm.

Good stuff. Happy to hear issue is resolved.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @flyhooks4less - I came in to a lot of emails on it this morning, yes there was a label disruption with CanadaPost earlier today, but it is resolved as of now. 

Thanks for helping to troubleshoot and share your experiences @lotzofuniquegoodies

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

The chat is now closed but will return next Tuesday!

Happy New Year to all and wishing you a prosperous and relatively-headache-free 2022!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply