January 19 2022 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

The chat is open for your questions. I'll begin working on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

See you then!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Tyler,

Just checking in again to see if you were able to find out anymore information on the U.S. Discover card (after my fiasco with a US buyer who said she couldn't pay me with it) and if it is or is not an accepted payment method on the .ca site so I can be prepared (at least with what I can say) should it happen again. Thanks!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler
I keep getting Late Shipping Defects for anything going to Australia. Currently, both Canada Post and USPS don't even ship there or to NZ, but I am using 3rd party services so I can still ship, but they generally take 30 to 45 days to arrive.
I use "Economy International" as the method on my .com listings which doesn't seem to allow enough time for arrival. I have lost TRS Global a couple of times over this issue, and though I have been able to have some of those defects removed, I am at 4.9% yet again, due to Australian shipments under Late Shipments. Always Australia!!
What can we do, besides NOT uploading Tracking Numbers? For Cdns we don't have to upload Tracking Numbers to maintain Global TRS but it seems to me, that eBay would prefer there be a tracking number if one is available?
Thanks

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@mandicrafts   Have you considered Blocking Australia as a destination? Some sales are not worth having.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I need help - Urgent.

I have been with Ebay since 1998. I am in Canada. Back then there was no Ebay Canada. My Registration address is a post box I have in Blain Wa. I lived near the border and often shipped from the USA. Have not lived there for years. My Country of Residency shows Canadian, my ship from address is Canada.  When ebay switched to managed payments I used a RBC USA account I had in the USA. 

Now ebay has held my payments until I send in a W9 form and update my idenity. I sent in a wben8 but they dont seem to even know what that is. I have tried to chaneg to my Canada bank account, no dice. I have tried to change my registrations address to Canada, will not allow be, country is greyed out. 

I contacted ebay online chat. They seemed to not really know and said to close my account and open new on on ebay canada. I will lose my 6000 - 100% pos FB and my top seller rating. They just said sorry about that but thanks for your loyalty. 

Has anyone else ran into this issue. Seems a bit ridiculous thier only solution is to erase 23 years of history and start new?

Mean while items are been sold and they wont pay me. I still have to ship the items I sell. 

Ebay has been unable to tell me about my funds that are on hold as well. I am still making sales and expected to ship and not get paid. 

Ebay chat told me this - I am afraid Wben8 is not acceptable. I regret to inform that you cannot change one Site to another once enrolled in Managed Payments (such as USA to Canada). However, if you wish you can definitely open a Canadian account with address of Canada on eBay.

Why dont they just delete my manage payments change registration address to CANADA and allow me to make managed payments go to my Canada bank account. Or just accept wben8 form in place of the W9 like most companies would do. 

Also when I went to managed payments the ebay rep I spoke to knew I was a canadian in canada. my ship from address is canada, yet the did not inform me to change my address to Canada from my post box in USA. 

Has to be some way to fix this without me losing my 23 years of history and FB. Please help. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Above post is directly tied into my question of last week. Sellers forced to change to Canadian store with lower quantity of free listings listings compared to the US options only because of MP payout  requirements. It was an ebay OFFICIAL announcement advising sellers of new (comparable) stores coming in 2018/19 but was never implemented as per the announcement.  This is why sellers kept asking where those options were.

-Lotz

@mikesgarage60 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Just checking in again to see if you were able to find out anymore information on the U.S. Discover card (after my fiasco with a US buyer who said she couldn't pay me with it) and if it is or is not an accepted payment method on the .ca site so I can be prepared (at least with what I can say) should it happen again. Thanks!

Hi @msau4301 - I heard back this morning! Discover Card is not available as a payment option for eBay Canada. Hopefully you won't run into it in the future but if you do, you'll know for sure. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mandicrafts wrote:

Hi Tyler
I keep getting Late Shipping Defects for anything going to Australia. Currently, both Canada Post and USPS don't even ship there or to NZ, but I am using 3rd party services so I can still ship, but they generally take 30 to 45 days to arrive.
I use "Economy International" as the method on my .com listings which doesn't seem to allow enough time for arrival. I have lost TRS Global a couple of times over this issue, and though I have been able to have some of those defects removed, I am at 4.9% yet again, due to Australian shipments under Late Shipments. Always Australia!!
What can we do, besides NOT uploading Tracking Numbers? For Cdns we don't have to upload Tracking Numbers to maintain Global TRS but it seems to me, that eBay would prefer there be a tracking number if one is available?
Thanks

Hi @mandicrafts! Late shipments have 3 ways for you to get credit. The first is to get an acceptance scan within your handling time (the one you have the most control over). The second is for the item to recieve a delivery scan within the Estimated Delivery Date range, and the third is if the Buyer says they received it within the estimated delivery date range when leaving feedback. If any of these triggers are met you get credit (even if the others end up being missed). 

I definitely think sending with tracking where possible is a benefit for yourself and your buyers, but if your courier is unable to get you an acceptance scan within your stated handling time, I would probably consider not using tracking for shipments to Australia until service resumes.*

*Asterisk here that this is purely from a 'Seller Performance' perspective. I think that the better member-experience is to provide a tracking number where possible.  I'll make sure to send your input to the Shipping team!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@mikesgarage60 wrote:

I need help - Urgent.

I have been with Ebay since 1998. I am in Canada. Back then there was no Ebay Canada. My Registration address is a post box I have in Blain Wa. I lived near the border and often shipped from the USA. Have not lived there for years. My Country of Residency shows Canadian, my ship from address is Canada.  When ebay switched to managed payments I used a RBC USA account I had in the USA. 

Now ebay has held my payments until I send in a W9 form and update my idenity. I sent in a wben8 but they dont seem to even know what that is. I have tried to chaneg to my Canada bank account, no dice. I have tried to change my registrations address to Canada, will not allow be, country is greyed out. 

I contacted ebay online chat. They seemed to not really know and said to close my account and open new on on ebay canada. I will lose my 6000 - 100% pos FB and my top seller rating. They just said sorry about that but thanks for your loyalty. 

Has anyone else ran into this issue. Seems a bit ridiculous thier only solution is to erase 23 years of history and start new?

Mean while items are been sold and they wont pay me. I still have to ship the items I sell. 

Ebay has been unable to tell me about my funds that are on hold as well. I am still making sales and expected to ship and not get paid. 

Ebay chat told me this - I am afraid Wben8 is not acceptable. I regret to inform that you cannot change one Site to another once enrolled in Managed Payments (such as USA to Canada). However, if you wish you can definitely open a Canadian account with address of Canada on eBay.

Why dont they just delete my manage payments change registration address to CANADA and allow me to make managed payments go to my Canada bank account. Or just accept wben8 form in place of the W9 like most companies would do. 

Also when I went to managed payments the ebay rep I spoke to knew I was a canadian in canada. my ship from address is canada, yet the did not inform me to change my address to Canada from my post box in USA. 

Has to be some way to fix this without me losing my 23 years of history and FB. Please help. 

Hi @mikesgarage60 - I have information for perspective, but I want to lead by saying that there isn't a simple fix for this. 

Your registration address information is what's used to create a profile for you with us as a payment processor. Once created and established that information is what is used to determine which rule-set you fall under. In this case, because it was a US-based address in your registration information section you are considered a US-based payments account. This means our system will flag you for US thresholds and require US paperwork like W9s. 

I am unaware of any way to alter this once that onboarding has been completed. The best course of action would be to continue to work with a payments-trained teammate so they can assist, but I have not found any way to correct or alter this short of doing as the teammate suggested and opening a new account with the updated registration information that reflects your physical address in Canada. 

I will definitely make sure that the payments team receives what has happened to your account as an example of how this process is not useful or helpful for anyone involved.  

I wish I had something more helpful for you. I know that looking at starting back at square one with a new account isn't what you were looking for, and I'm sorry that that's the choice you're looking at now. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Above post is directly tied into my question of last week. Sellers forced to change to Canadian store with lower quantity of free listings listings compared to the US options only because of MP payout  requirements. It was an ebay OFFICIAL announcement advising sellers of new (comparable) stores coming in 2018/19 but was never implemented as per the announcement.  This is why sellers kept asking where those options were.

-Lotz

@mikesgarage60 

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I'm not sure that @mikesgarage60's situation is a direct parallel to a store level not being released yet, but I appreciate your input. As I mentioned last week there has not been an announced update regarding the Starter and Enterprise level stores coming to eBay Canada after the initial announcement in 2018. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Thanks for joining the chat! It's closed from further replies but will return next week. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply