June 2 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I will begin working on answers for you tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Tyler,

It appears eBay tracking is still DOA since the previously reported issue where tracking numbers were purged. I have an Xpresspost Intl shipment that was dropped off and ported accurately to eBay that was scanned at the post office on the 25th and shows followup scans in CP. According to eBay tracking only label created scan. Small Packet US Air tracking shows up when item arrives in the US with follow up updates.  Unable to confirm for Canada destined shipments. There are numerous reports of packages having confirmed delivery/feedback but crickets in eBay.

As for the previous tracking numbers that were purged by eBay, they were never re-populated.

Also, someone else reported that for INR's if the seller attempts to confirm tracking or delivered status, the system purges the original information and updates to show shipped date and received date as the same. (Incorrectly). Pretty that's not how it should work??

Regarding tracking numbers in general, eBay sellers and buyers depend on that information being accurate and up to date. (It lets both parties know if parcels are either moving or delayed.) The majority check eBay first without realizing the postal website is a back up. eBay tracking atleast on dot ca has been "flakey" for almost a year.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The File Exchange will be changing in 2 weeks but it’s not letting us pick a date or even last 7 days. If I pick this week since it’s (let’s say) June 2  I only get 2 days. If I pick last week I don’t get Tue & Wed. Same with picking the months since it’s only the beginning of the month,

I ship almost all my items from the US and have to have a manifest to give customs each time I cross the border to ship. I need the buyers name, full address cost and more so I need the info for at least 4 days in a row. Is there any way “Last 7 days” Can be added

date.PNG

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Managed payments issue. I post a little on .CA and a lot on .COM. I entered into MP on May 31, chose CA$ payouts since I live in Canada and use CA$. I have had a few US sales since I entered MP yesterday and I want to pay and print the USPS shipping labels on .COM. You are supposed to be able to use the MP balance to pay for shipping labels. The first payment cleared an hour ago and I went to print the USPS shipping label. There is supposed to be an option at the bottom of the shipping label page to switch from Paypal payments to MP balance to pay for the shipping labels. I do not have this option, the only option shown is 'pay with Paypal'.

How can I set up my account to pay for USPS shipping labels on .COM from my MP balance, as this is where the buyers payment is being held? The buyers payments are not going to Paypal so there is no reason to have my shipping label purchases being taken from Paypal.

I need an answer to this quickly as these US buyers have paid and I need to create these USPS labels and I want to pay for these labels using the MP balance.

Another issue is the same as the previous message by 'bunbar' about time frame selection for file exchanger. We can currently pick the exact dates and times for our file from File Exchanger, on June 15 when File Exchanger shuts down and we move to 'reports', we will have to choose one of the pre-determined dates shown by 'bunbar' above. This is not a good option.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I agree. We should be able to pick out our own dates. Make the new 'reports' date selection just like 'file exchanger' date selection. 'Bunbar' shows the options for the new system, here is the old system.FE.jpg

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

$rex$
Community Member

I live in Canada and ship eBay sales from Canada worldwide. For shipping I normally go directly to PayPal, then link from there to Netparcel which allows UPS or Purolator shipping at huge discounts (generally much lower then postal rates). Will I still be able to use netparcel for shipping or do I have to use Shippo? If so, how do I link Netparcel to eBay end of sale?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

It appears eBay tracking is still DOA since the previously reported issue where tracking numbers were purged. I have an Xpresspost Intl shipment that was dropped off and ported accurately to eBay that was scanned at the post office on the 25th and shows followup scans in CP. According to eBay tracking only label created scan. Small Packet US Air tracking shows up when item arrives in the US with follow up updates.  Unable to confirm for Canada destined shipments. There are numerous reports of packages having confirmed delivery/feedback but crickets in eBay.

As for the previous tracking numbers that were purged by eBay, they were never re-populated.

Also, someone else reported that for INR's if the seller attempts to confirm tracking or delivered status, the system purges the original information and updates to show shipped date and received date as the same. (Incorrectly). Pretty that's not how it should work??

Regarding tracking numbers in general, eBay sellers and buyers depend on that information being accurate and up to date. (It lets both parties know if parcels are either moving or delayed.) The majority check eBay first without realizing the postal website is a back up. eBay tracking atleast on dot ca has been "flakey" for almost a year.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - thatnks for letting me know what you've been seeing. With the tech issue being marked as resolved, the best course of action at this point is to contact CS directly and request they review and file reports with the tech team.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@poupas2 wrote:

Managed payments issue. I post a little on .CA and a lot on .COM. I entered into MP on May 31, chose CA$ payouts since I live in Canada and use CA$. I have had a few US sales since I entered MP yesterday and I want to pay and print the USPS shipping labels on .COM. You are supposed to be able to use the MP balance to pay for shipping labels. The first payment cleared an hour ago and I went to print the USPS shipping label. There is supposed to be an option at the bottom of the shipping label page to switch from Paypal payments to MP balance to pay for the shipping labels. I do not have this option, the only option shown is 'pay with Paypal'.

How can I set up my account to pay for USPS shipping labels on .COM from my MP balance, as this is where the buyers payment is being held? The buyers payments are not going to Paypal so there is no reason to have my shipping label purchases being taken from Paypal.

I need an answer to this quickly as these US buyers have paid and I need to create these USPS labels and I want to pay for these labels using the MP balance.

Another issue is the same as the previous message by 'bunbar' about time frame selection for file exchanger. We can currently pick the exact dates and times for our file from File Exchanger, on June 15 when File Exchanger shuts down and we move to 'reports', we will have to choose one of the pre-determined dates shown by 'bunbar' above. This is not a good option.

Hi @poupas2 - this is a really tricky one I'm afraid (I know that's never what you want to hear). 

My understanding is aligned with yours: you should be able to select the 'use funds from pending payouts' checkbox at the time you're printing a shipping label on .com. 

Since you aren't seeing that I'm wondering if there's a currency issue - meaning USPS will only accept USD, and if your pending funds are in CAD there isn't a way to resolve that so you just aren't able to use it.

However - I'm not the expert when it comes to payments. I will send up the question and keep you posted when I hear back. In the meantime, it may be worth requesting a call back from a payments-trained teammate so they can review and help troubleshoot, as well as get you any alternatives you have. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

The File Exchange will be changing in 2 weeks but it’s not letting us pick a date or even last 7 days. If I pick this week since it’s (let’s say) June 2  I only get 2 days. If I pick last week I don’t get Tue & Wed. Same with picking the months since it’s only the beginning of the month,

I ship almost all my items from the US and have to have a manifest to give customs each time I cross the border to ship. I need the buyers name, full address cost and more so I need the info for at least 4 days in a row. Is there any way “Last 7 days” Can be added

date.PNG

Hi @bunbar!

I'll make sure to send that suggestion on but also, there's a Comments link/button on the Seller Hub Reports page. Will you please click it and send that same request? That link goes directly to real people (developers of the tool). From what I understand they've already captured quite a few requests for the very same thing or something similar.  Adding your voice to that will help convince them to get an enhancement made. 

Tagging @poupas2 who would find this useful as well. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@$rex$ wrote:

I live in Canada and ship eBay sales from Canada worldwide. For shipping I normally go directly to PayPal, then link from there to Netparcel which allows UPS or Purolator shipping at huge discounts (generally much lower then postal rates). Will I still be able to use netparcel for shipping or do I have to use Shippo? If so, how do I link Netparcel to eBay end of sale?

Hi @$rex$ - you are able to use the shipping courier of your choice. Please make sure that you are manually uploading the tracking numbers from NetParcel (if you have one) to your eBay order, as that won't happen automatically when using an outside label provider.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's now closed, but will be back next week. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply