May 9th 2023 Monthly Chat

Hello everyone! Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow afternoon. Some answers may require me reaching out to the right team for a response so some answers may be delayed!

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

devon@ebay wrote:

Hi @avidhiker-33! If the buyer were to open up an item not received case, we would look to see if tracking shows delievered to the address used for checkout as proof of delivery.  

devon@ebay, thanks for your (Very!) quick response.

Pls note that Canada Post tracking does NOT show the delivery address, only that the tracked package was delivered. 

For example, below is a screenshot of tracking for an item delivered today to an address in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC.  Not only is the delivery address not shown, tracking shows the item was processed and delivered locally by the Beaconsfield, QC post office.

IF the customer reports the shipment as not received would eBay accept the tracking as proof-of-delivery?

Canada Post - Track a package by tracking number — Mozilla Firefox 2023-05-09 5_15_58 PM.jpg

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@regs43 wrote:

In regards to ebay Labels

Where are the receipts? With the tax amount paid by me as a seller for that label.Something I can download and save for my records

$7.18 was the cost for my one expedited lite label I printed. Showing I paid $7.18 is great in theory but I am a registered business and the tax paid to Canada Post for this label needs to be shown SEPARATE  so sellers with registered businesses can claim appropriately. In Canada there is tax on all shipments sent domestic. How has this not already been fixed? ebay labels has been up and running for a long time, and I recall seeing in past monthly chat threads people asking about receipts back then with the tax breakdown.

Hi @regs43! If you are needing a report that shows tax withholdings, you can go to your 'Payments' tab on your Seller Hub and at the bottom click on 'Reports'. It may take a little bit to generate but once it does you will get an eBay notification that it is ready to view. Here is the link for it: https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin/report.

The tax report does NOT break eBay labels shipping down. It shows the taxes paid for everything else, but shipping is completely ignored. Just wanted to make sure this is very clear. In fact, in the breakdown it specifically has a line stating "Total non-taxable amount" and the shipping is displayed in that line. It seems very clear that taxes ARE being included in the amount we're charged for shipping, so we need to be able to claim those taxes.

This is the only example I have to show you (I purchased a test label in one of my stores late last month to see how it would work with the new level 4 discounts).

Screenshot 2023-05-09 203125 tax.jpg

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@avidhiker-33 wrote:

Is there any way to opt out of Seller Hub other than doing so each and every time one ends up there??

When I went to package an order late April the 'Packing Slip' link had been removed from My eBay Selling and I was advised that a workaround was to print one from Seller Hub.

Seller Hub appears to be an excellent tool for sellers with hundreds or thousands of listings.

For casual eBay sellers/customers like me (roughly 330 sells, 170 buys over the past 2.5 years) 'My eBay Selling' is perfect for listing and monitoring items for sale, processing orders received, and navigating between buying and selling activities.

For me Seller Hub is a cluttered time-waster with little added value and I despise having to continually go through the opt out steps every time I end up there.

@avidhiker-33 There is no longer a way to opt out of using the Seller Hub. I can pass on the feedback to the correct team on this.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@avidhiker-33 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

Hi @avidhiker-33! If the buyer were to open up an item not received case, we would look to see if tracking shows delievered to the address used for checkout as proof of delivery.  

devon@ebay, thanks for your (Very!) quick response.

Pls note that Canada Post tracking does NOT show the delivery address, only that the tracked package was delivered. 

For example, below is a screenshot of tracking for an item delivered today to an address in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC.  Not only is the delivery address not shown, tracking shows the item was processed and delivered locally by the Beaconsfield, QC post office.

IF the customer reports the shipment as not received would eBay accept the tracking as proof-of-delivery?

Canada Post - Track a package by tracking number — Mozilla Firefox 2023-05-09 5_15_58 PM.jpg

@avidhiker-33 What I would recommend in the case a buyer were to open an item not received case and tracking shows this type of delivery is to reach out to our customer support team. They would be able to do some research to validate that the item was delivered to the address provided at checkout.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@regs43 wrote:

Where are the receipts? With the tax amount paid by me as a seller for that label.Something I can download and save for my records

$7.18 was the cost for my one expedited lite label I printed. Showing I paid $7.18 is great in theory but I am a registered business and the tax paid to Canada Post for this label needs to be shown SEPARATE  so sellers with registered businesses can claim appropriately. In Canada there is tax on all shipments sent domestic. How has this not already been fixed? ebay labels has been up and running for a long time, and I recall seeing in past monthly chat threads people asking about receipts back then with the tax breakdown.

Hi @regs43! If you are needing a report that shows tax withholdings, you can go to your 'Payments' tab on your Seller Hub and at the bottom click on 'Reports'. It may take a little bit to generate but once it does you will get an eBay notification that it is ready to view. Here is the link for it: https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin/report.

The tax report does NOT break eBay labels shipping down. It shows the taxes paid for everything else, but shipping is completely ignored. Just wanted to make sure this is very clear. In fact, in the breakdown it specifically has a line stating "Total non-taxable amount" and the shipping is displayed in that line. It seems very clear that taxes ARE being included in the amount we're charged for shipping, so we need to be able to claim those taxes.

This is the only example I have to show you (I purchased a test label in one of my stores late last month to see how it would work with the new level 4 discounts).

Screenshot 2023-05-09 203125 tax.jpg

Hi @flipistics! Thank you for sharing and letting me know about this. I can also have this shared with the Shipping team as an example and can provide more insight once I hear back from them. 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

No announcement on a BIG change to item categories and structure eff May 16? Clicking on more info gets a PDF of 399 pages and structure 595 pages. Is there a shorter version or summary or is it really EVERYTHING?
https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html?fbclid=IwAR1YVvy3JXT41M6ZtADbvxnR...

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Hi-I also had the following question:

I am looking to go to the summer cabin and will be running auctions of smaller items and cards that can travel safely. I am able to meet my committment of 2 day shipping and handling times for the auctions that I plan to run. My store will be on time away with the ability for sellers to purchase but as I won't have the store items with me, I will mail at the end of the vacation period of about two weeks. I have looked at the time away options but without turning them on don't know how to adjust the settings to be accurate for what I need to do.

How do I change the shipping and handling times for the store to reflect this without changing it for the auctions that I will run? I How will this impact my top rated status? How do others manage the time away but still keep active and in good status ?

Many thanks for your help.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@mandicrafts wrote:

No announcement on a BIG change to item categories and structure eff May 16? Clicking on more info gets a PDF of 399 pages and structure 595 pages. Is there a shorter version or summary or is it really EVERYTHING?
https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html?fbclid=IwAR1YVvy3JXT41M6ZtADbvxnR...

devon@ebay 

@mandicrafts 

The concern with moving items from 1 category to another basically on a what you think is best vs what the seller considers best is that during that process it corrupts items specifics/data fields. I am routinely running across items that say they require additional specifics. When I go to update/modify the field for bundle description has been shrunk to 65 characters.  That information was important and why it was put there in the first place. Sellers are a better judge of what category their products should be in.

The majority of these changes and updates were extremely badly thought out and implemented. Similar to condition and refurbished.

-Lotz

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

@regs43 I did some confirmation on this from the Shipping team and  there currently is no way to see the breakdown unfortunately. But based on seller feedback, they are looking into it.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021 wrote:

Hi-I also had the following question:

I am looking to go to the summer cabin and will be running auctions of smaller items and cards that can travel safely. I am able to meet my committment of 2 day shipping and handling times for the auctions that I plan to run. My store will be on time away with the ability for sellers to purchase but as I won't have the store items with me, I will mail at the end of the vacation period of about two weeks. I have looked at the time away options but without turning them on don't know how to adjust the settings to be accurate for what I need to do.

How do I change the shipping and handling times for the store to reflect this without changing it for the auctions that I will run? I How will this impact my top rated status? How do others manage the time away but still keep active and in good status ?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi @tuckhouse2021! When you place your store on time away it will automatically update your handling and shipping time to reflect whenever you are set to be back. As far as auctions they will run as normal but we normally recommend to end any auctions you have set to run during your time away as buyers usually anticipate to have items won through auction shipped within your stated handle and shipping times. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

I will continue to work on getting responses to any questions that may not have been answered during the chat. I will be sure to tag the member to assure they are notified of a response! 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply