November 17 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll begin working on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Will there ever be a chance to convert being paid out in Canadian $ rather than US $? 

When I signed up I thought that my sales on .com would be paid out in US $ and my sales on .ca would be paid out in Cdn $ like it was with paypal.  Had I known it all would all be paid out in US $, I would have picked being paid in Cdn $.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Since ebay did some updating recently, I noticed when printing my purchase invoices that they now print in Landscape mode instead of Portrait mode.

My printer settings are correct so there's definately a format issue 

Can this be fixed please! Thanks.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

There is also a fraudulent listing on eBay....

Amazing Spider-Man 129 (CGC 9.8) 1st app The PUNISHER! 1974 Marvel Comics (item # 313754229071)

This seller is selling another sellers item that is currently being auctioned at the same time. This auction uses the same images, text and has a low starting price (with no reserve) and free shipping.

This seller is based in Russia and is using Free USPS Priority Mail International Shipping.

The authentic item and auction is:   

Amazing Spider-Man 129 (CGC 9.8) 1st app The PUNISHER! 1974 Marvel Comics (item # 353765219247) 

*** If you look at the CGC Label you will see the same CGC Serial Number of 3857366001 ***

I've reported it to eBay but the auction still is running....

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Followup to last weeks question.

1) Are Monthly Traffic Reports shown on dot com a mirror of what is seen on dot ca or separate entities? My current traffic reports appear to be updating in real time on dot ca.  For dot com I am showing a total of 16 (barely moving) views for the last 30 days. Biggest concern is there has been a 180 switch between from within eBay vs external  (2:1 vs 2:3) over the past couple of months compared to beginning of the 2021. This is most concerning for any sellers selling OOAK/Collectible type items. Those new one size fits all checkboxes DO NOT work for that type of item. 

1. My understanding was that the Performance tab updates daily across all sites, but I can't get confirmation of that, so I'll see what more I can find out and let you know!

Did you have any luck confirming if the traffic reports we see on dot ca/dot com are directly connected (mirror) to the particular websites and/or are supposed to be updating daily? Or are we only seeing traffic from items that were created on a particular site going forward?

Total views as of last week on dot com was 16(10 +6) for 30 day period. This weeks total is 12(6 +6) views. 

Total views as of this week on dot ca  for 30 day period 2873(1113 + 1760)

Sales in the last 45 days to USA = 2 / Canada = 8

These new traffic numbers do not resemble what I have ever seen in the past, pre recent IS Category updates. In speaking to other Canadian sellers, they are making similar observations. Reduced traffic = Reduced sales.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Is eBay aware that there will be delivery delays in western Canada because of the flooding in BC?  The roads and railways are going to take a while to be fixed so this could affect us for a while.  How will this affect seller protection?

From the CP site..

Date posted: November 16, 2021

Due to adverse weather conditions including flooding, rockslides and mudslides in B.C., there are multiple road closures affecting transportation of mail and parcels across Western Canada. Customers may experience some delays in receiving items.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Will there ever be a chance to convert being paid out in Canadian $ rather than US $? 

When I signed up I thought that my sales on .com would be paid out in US $ and my sales on .ca would be paid out in Cdn $ like it was with paypal.  Had I known it all would all be paid out in US $, I would have picked being paid in Cdn $.  

Hi @musicyouneed - at this point in time, no. I know that the product team is aware of the request but I don't have any insight into whether or not a change like this would be coming in the near or mid-term future. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@silverdreamfilm wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Since ebay did some updating recently, I noticed when printing my purchase invoices that they now print in Landscape mode instead of Portrait mode.

My printer settings are correct so there's definately a format issue 

Can this be fixed please! Thanks.

Hi @silverdreamfilm - there is an ongoing technical issue that is similar to what you describe. I can get you added to the open ticket but will need a few pieces of information from you that you should not share publicly. 

I will send an email to your registered email address on file - it will go direct to you (not your eBay messages). Please keep an eye out for it!

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@silverdreamfilm wrote:

Hi Tyler,

There is also a fraudulent listing on eBay....

Amazing Spider-Man 129 (CGC 9.8) 1st app The PUNISHER! 1974 Marvel Comics (item # 313754229071)

This seller is selling another sellers item that is currently being auctioned at the same time. This auction uses the same images, text and has a low starting price (with no reserve) and free shipping.

This seller is based in Russia and is using Free USPS Priority Mail International Shipping.

The authentic item and auction is:   

Amazing Spider-Man 129 (CGC 9.8) 1st app The PUNISHER! 1974 Marvel Comics (item # 353765219247) 

*** If you look at the CGC Label you will see the same CGC Serial Number of 3857366001 ***

I've reported it to eBay but the auction still is running....

Thanks for this @silverdreamfilm - I will get it reported for further review! However, I also need to edit out these items as we consider this against community guidelines. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Followup to last weeks question.

1) Are Monthly Traffic Reports shown on dot com a mirror of what is seen on dot ca or separate entities? My current traffic reports appear to be updating in real time on dot ca.  For dot com I am showing a total of 16 (barely moving) views for the last 30 days. Biggest concern is there has been a 180 switch between from within eBay vs external  (2:1 vs 2:3) over the past couple of months compared to beginning of the 2021. This is most concerning for any sellers selling OOAK/Collectible type items. Those new one size fits all checkboxes DO NOT work for that type of item. 

1. My understanding was that the Performance tab updates daily across all sites, but I can't get confirmation of that, so I'll see what more I can find out and let you know!

Did you have any luck confirming if the traffic reports we see on dot ca/dot com are directly connected (mirror) to the particular websites and/or are supposed to be updating daily? Or are we only seeing traffic from items that were created on a particular site going forward?

Total views as of last week on dot com was 16(10 +6) for 30 day period. This weeks total is 12(6 +6) views. 

Total views as of this week on dot ca  for 30 day period 2873(1113 + 1760)

Sales in the last 45 days to USA = 2 / Canada = 8

These new traffic numbers do not resemble what I have ever seen in the past, pre recent IS Category updates. In speaking to other Canadian sellers, they are making similar observations. Reduced traffic = Reduced sales.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I don't have an update for you on this yet. I will let you know when I do!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Is eBay aware that there will be delivery delays in western Canada because of the flooding in BC?  The roads and railways are going to take a while to be fixed so this could affect us for a while.  How will this affect seller protection?

From the CP site..

Date posted: November 16, 2021

Due to adverse weather conditions including flooding, rockslides and mudslides in B.C., there are multiple road closures affecting transportation of mail and parcels across Western Canada. Customers may experience some delays in receiving items.

Hi @pjcdn2005 - In the event of natural disasters or other serious weather delays or impacts members are usually protected. I know that the shipping team works with national and regional couriers to keep estimated delivery dates reflective of ongoing traffic (including weather and other delays). I'll make sure this one is on their radar!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's closed from further replies but will be back on Tuesday. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply