September 29 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Are we to the end of September already? 

Leave your questions below and I'll work on finding answers tomorrow afternoon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Tyler, 

I think that this may have been discussed before but I'm not certain.  

When an offer is involved with a gsp listing  the import fees  on the offer are more expensive than they are on the listing at regular price so it looks like a lower offer results in the buyer paying the same total cost. There is a recent thread with more details...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/The-Global-Shipping-Program-scam/m-p/467106#M47671

I think that last time this was brought up the poster said that during checkout the import fees went back to the correct price but even if that's the case, some buyers are not going to accept the offer since it looks like there won't be any savings.  Is eBay aware if the problem and if so, are they working on it?  Obviously if import fees are $15 for a $100 item they shouldn't be $25 if item price is now $90.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Tyler, this is about listing and when the item shows up.  When I list on .com, the listing shows up immediately and recently (last 2 weeks) when I list on .ca it takes 24 to 36 hrs to show up.  Any reason for this?  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler, 

I think that this may have been discussed before but I'm not certain.  

When an offer is involved with a gsp listing  the import fees  on the offer are more expensive than they are on the listing at regular price so it looks like a lower offer results in the buyer paying the same total cost. There is a recent thread with more details...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/The-Global-Shipping-Program-scam/m-p/467106#M47671

I think that last time this was brought up the poster said that during checkout the import fees went back to the correct price but even if that's the case, some buyers are not going to accept the offer since it looks like there won't be any savings.  Is eBay aware if the problem and if so, are they working on it?  Obviously if import fees are $15 for a $100 item they shouldn't be $25 if item price is now $90.

Hi @pjcdn2005 - this is a super interesting question! I remember it coming up in the past and know that once you get to the checkout page things calculate properly. It's just geting to that screen that I'm unclear on. 

I'll check with the checkout/offer folks and see if they have something definitive for us!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@musicyouneed2 wrote:

Hi Tyler, this is about listing and when the item shows up.  When I list on .com, the listing shows up immediately and recently (last 2 weeks) when I list on .ca it takes 24 to 36 hrs to show up.  Any reason for this?  

Hi @musicyouneed2 - this is a term called 'Indexing' which is the time it takes for items to replicate across all eBay servers. Typical index time is any where from minutes to 36hours. 

.com listings have the same time frame - but the same rule of thumb applies: if it's been more than 36 hours from when you listed it and it's still not showing that would be something to report to CS so they can review. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat today! It's closed but will return next week. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6