$400 in fees and limited PayPal account

A month ago my PayPal account was permanently limited
I tried paying my monthly eBay fees but it was blocked! All the money I’ve ever made is on that account and now eBay is threatening to get the collection agency involved
I put a vanilla Visa card on my PayPal to verify it
What do I do? What could happen if I just ignore it?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If this were me, I'd try calling both Customer Service for Paypal and ebay to explain the problem and ask for assistance in finding a solution. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@fastneasyshopping wrote:
A month ago my PayPal account was permanently limited
I tried paying my monthly eBay fees but it was blocked! All the money I’ve ever made is on that account and now eBay is threatening to get the collection agency involved
I put a vanilla Visa card on my PayPal to verify it
What do I do? What could happen if I just ignore it?

You could pay the eBay fees with your credit card as a temporary measure.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I do not have a credit card
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Use a ATM card if is possible

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@fastneasyshopping wrote:
I do not have a credit card

Your original post says you put a vanilla Visa card on your paypal.

Why is that card not usable?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

A Vanilla Visa is pre-paid, like the ones you get at cash convenience stores. 

Judging by the fact you have $400 in eBay fees you have sold around $4,000.00 in product. eBay understandably wants to be paid. So, is this money sitting in your PayPal account or did you add a Bank Account and withdraw it?

If you have a Bank Account, you can add it to PayPal and pay eBay via PayPal. If the funds from your sale are still in PayPal, again, you can pay using PayPal. If you go to My eBay --> Account and scroll down. You should see text that says "You can make a one-time payment using PayPal or another payment method." That's the link you want and you will be given directions and asked how much you want to pay.

BTW, I just had a quick look at some of your old listings. You may have been suspended not just for fees but for the type of items you are selling. Most of what you were offering can be a grey area and can be a high risk item. Can't say for sure without phoning eBay. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I have 0 money in my bank account
PayPal is holding my funds for 180 days
I can’t use that PayPal anymore
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You also got a Defect when you did not ship (out of stock) to the customer who negged you six months ago.

180 days is PP's norm when there is a customer complaint.

PP should have sent you an email about the reason for the Hold. Usually these Holds are ended when the problem is resolved.

Do you have a customer demanding a refund? Have you responded to the Dispute?

PP asks that the buyer return the unwanted item with tracking and will end the Dispute when that is shown.

Have you asked that the item be returned with tracking?

If the item is digital, this is impossible and the buyer loses the Dispute.

Respond to the Dispute (if any) immediately. The Dispute should be found in the Resolution Centre under Tools on your PP account page.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply