Update For The PayPal Withdrawal Problem

Just recieved the message below from PayPal. So now they have transferred my original request from a few days ago. Today I had again transferred the same amount to my bank account. So PayPal has now sent double amounts to my bank account & I have hardly anything left in my PayPal account. What a major screwup with them. I think they should compensate us for all the glitches going on in PayPal & eBay lately.

Your recent withdrawal request.

We experienced a technical issue regarding your request to withdraw your money to your bank account on April 23, 2017. The money was deposited in your bank account but was also sent back to your PayPal account balance. On April 25, we corrected this error by subtracting the correct amount from your PayPal account.

We pride ourselves on our safety, security and trustworthiness, and we have put in place extra safeguards to help make sure this doesn't happen again. We apologize for any inconvenience or difficulties this issue may have caused you.

If you have any questions, you can contact us by using the Help & Contact link on any PayPal page.

Thank you for your understanding. We appreciate your business.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, my Paypal Account balance is now in the red because they did the first that failed and then the second which used the first plus a bit more. This is very aggravating. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Yes, my Paypal Account balance is now in the red because they did the first that failed and then the second which used the first plus a bit more. This is very aggravating. 

that's me in the corner

feeling glad to have dodged a bullet.

My transfer the middle of last week went through okay.

And the one from late Monday evening is already showing in my Tangerine account on Tuesday.

Hopefully paypal won't screw things up for you in domino fashion because of the negative balance they created...

-..-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have a feeling that I should call paypal to clarify this but I've already called three Customer Services in the past 28 hours, I don't quite think that I can sustain and tolerate a fourth call. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

A few days later, my account is still in the red and I haven't called to clarify what that is doing to my standing. 

But this is interesting. Buyer paid me and I went to purchase and print postage.

Because my account is in the red (their fault and not mine) Paypal threatened to take the funds from my postage label and the overdraft amount from my credit card and seemed to completely forget that I have a bank account linked.

Then they didn't actually seem to take more money than was necessary for postage.

My paypal account is still overdrawn due to the double-dip. 

It will stay that way until I get sales from ebay necessary to bring it back to where it should have been had paypal not messed all this up for us. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 7.51.02 AM.png

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply