Using same PayPal account on two eBay accounts with two bank accounts on PayPal account

Is it possible to use the same PayPal account on two different eBay account and have the money for one eBay account use one bank account and the other eBay account use a different bank account all on one PayPal account?

{ eBay account#1:

PayPal account:

Bank account #1: This eBay account (#1) uses this bank account (#1)

Bank account #2:

eBay account#2:

PayPal account:

Bank account #1:

Bank account #2: This eBay account (#2) uses this bank account (#2)

}

2 eBay accounts linked to the same PayPal account with 2 bank accounts, and each eBay account uses a different bank account, eBay account #1 uses bank account #1 and eBay account #2 uses bank account #2. (each eBay account takes and receives money from a different account.)

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Using same PayPal account on two eBay accounts with two bank accounts on PayPal account

It's not possible to link a bank account to an ebay account like you want. You have to have a paypal account in the middle.

I have 3 ebay accounts attached to one paypal account, then two bank accounts attached to that Paypal account.

If you link one PP acct to two ebay accounts, all the funds from sales on both ebay accts are dumped into the same pot. That pot is $usd, or $CAD or any other currency you chose. 

Or, if you're buying, funds from any bank account you have linked can be transferred into any currency pot in PP.  Once in that pot, the source is irrelevant. Then you can spend it on either ebay acct.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I didn't say I wanted to link a bank account to my eBay account. That's not what I meant.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

No. You need separate and different email addresses per ebay account. What you do once you get to PayPal per transaction as a buyer is your decision. You can only use one email address per PayPal account. PayPal can have as many funding sources as you want to link.

Have you attempted to do any of the above?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

QUOTE: No. You need separate and different email addresses per ebay account. What you do once you get to PayPal per transaction as a buyer is your decision. You can only use one email address per PayPal account. PayPal can have as many funding sources as you want to link. UNQUOTE

RE: PayPal email accounts.
Multiple email addresses may be added to a single PayPal account. Currently, I have 3 email addresses registered with my Business PayPal account, 1 of the 3 must be designated as the primary. However, when creating an eBay listing I can use any 1 of the 3 registered email addresses as the PayPal payment email. All payments are deposited in the one PayPal account.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Business PayPal Account: That's handy to know but I highly doubt the Original Poster is concerned with getting a Business Account with Paypal (and its tax implications) if they're asking ground-floor level questions about how to use accounts here. I assume they're looking for a Personal Account but, you could be right, opening a business account in order to acquire the use of multiple email addresses might be the best fit for them. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:
No. You need separate and different email addresses per ebay account. What you do once you get to PayPal per transaction as a buyer is your decision. You can only use one email address per PayPal account. PayPal can have as many funding sources as you want to link.

Have you attempted to do any of the above?

A PayPal account can have up to 8 email addresses. Here is the link to the PayPal Canada site. (Same is true on the PayPal USA site and most likely most PayPal sites.)

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-additional-email-addresses-to-my-account-fa...

You may add up to eight email address to your PayPal account. Remember that each email address can be associated to one PayPal account at a time.

The link above has information on both Personal and Business PayPal accounts. The above quote is from the Personal Tab on the link page.

Most sellers may not have a need for multiple email addresses. But if you sell on multiple venues perhaps there is a need.

Off topic story follows.

Here is an interesting personal experience where I needed a second email address.

I used the multiple email addresses feature once to recover lost payments on eBay sales a few years ago. I was creating a brand new clean listing to use as a template for new listings. I misspelled my email address for PayPal in the Sell Your Item listing form and then made several listings from that new template. When some of the listings sold, I did not get the payment. Checking,  I realized that I had misspelled my email address in the listings. So I corrected all the active listings and my listing template to fix the existing listings.

But how to recover the lost payments on the items that had sold. I thought about it and knew I could have up to 8 email addresses on my PayPal account. The misspelled email address I had used in the eBay listings was unique and not used by anyone so I created a new email address with the misspelled email address. I added this as a second email address in my PayPal account. The payments arrived in my PayPal account as soon as I did this. I did not get the PayPal emails for the sales because they were lost and returned to sender but the actual PayPal payment arrived. I discovered the error within a few hours of the sales.

No idea if this trick works today. But keep it in mind if this should ever happen to any seller.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I stand corrected; thank you for the enlightenment and clarification.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"But how to recover the lost payments on the items that had sold. I thought about it and knew I could have up to 8 email addresses on my PayPal account. The misspelled email address I had used in the eBay listings was unique and not used by anyone so I created a new email address with the misspelled email address. I added this as a second email address in my PayPal account. The payments arrived in my PayPal account as soon as I did this. I did not get the PayPal emails for the sales because they were lost and returned to sender but the actual PayPal payment arrived. I discovered the error within a few hours of the sales."

Good save ... very creative thinking.

You're right, different email addresses used for different venues. Also have an old old email that I don't use much anymore but I'm afraid to delete it for fear that I somehow manage to find an old old listing that hasn't been updated ... if that would happen and I had deleted the old email I'd be in the same boat as you described above .... so I leave the old one listed with Paypal just "in case".

Message 9 of 9
latest reply