Getting Paid by Buyets

I have accepted a lot of offers on items and the purchaser never pay so I have to relist after so many days. Why cant ebay have immediate payment like on buy it now it someone makes a offer and you accept.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Getting Paid by Buyets

There's a couple of things you could try. If you go to your eBay Summary and your Account you can go to Site Preferenes/Manage Who Can Buy From You, then there is Buyer Management and at the very bottom of the page there is Buyer Payment Requirements "Require buyers to provide payment method before they make an offer". If you have that checked off they have to pay at the time of the offer. Could be a problem if the same person is trying to get a bunch of things from you for combining shipping but for one off offers that works.

Alternatively if you just have offers automatically set up in your listing make sure you've filled in the place to say "Automatically accept offers of at least $----- and if they offer that amount or more it automatically goes through (at least it does for me).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Getting Paid by Buyets

Setting an automatic acceptable Best Offer means the customer is billed as soon as they meet (or surpass) that price.

So they can also pay immediately.

If they have to wait for you to accept the BO they may wander off and forget about eBay for days.  This is also a problem with more traditional Auction listings.

You can also set an automatic refusal for BOs that are too low and the customer gets a notice from eBay which must be polite and encouraging enough that they will continue to "bid" until they hit the sweet spot.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply