A buyer wants to pay $50 now and the balance ($366) at the end of the month. Can this be done?

This is the mesage they sent me. 

I will take this but am wondering if you can do me a favour and hold it till the end of the month because of a budgetary issue. I can place a $50 deposit right now. 

Is there a safe way to handle this through eBay?

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

A buyer wants to pay $50 now and the balance ($366) at the end of the month. Can this be done?

DSCN3628.JPG

Thanks. I'm with you on the chocolate bars!  Here's the new one we are getting . You can see the old one behind it on the right edge. You are probably right and hopefully they just ran out of the regular ones.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Yes. Depending on how much you will use it comes in a small roll for about $35 or a large roll at about $65.

I used to be a painting contractor. We used a lot of it to protect good floors. If you know a contractor he will be very happy if you went to his job site when they were done and pulled it up for free. saving him the trouble. Most of it comes out of the job site relatively undamaged and by then it is very flat. Totally recyclable. 

If you buy a roll it's small footprint makes it easy to store but it will have a curl.  I pre-cut it to my mailer sizes  long before I need it and stack it with some weight or else sandwich it. After a while it loses the curl. It's heavier than single wall cardboard so I only use it on one side of the item and cardboard on the other. It prevents crush failure due to the flutes inside cardboard. It's much cheaper than buying stiff mailers and you customize the size.  I suppose you could also use it to make stiff mailers of any size if you have a glue gun.  Sometimes they use material that is cheaper and lighter than Ramboard but it's too flimsy for mailers so don't buy any other brand.DSCN3629s.JPG

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Perfect. Thanks for the added info

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

You're totally welcome.  If you want a free alternative here are 2 more that are much stronger that single and double wall plain cardboard. I have an electronics store nearby that spots me large screen TV boxes. These boxes are chemically treated for strength. They have a graphic layer laminated to the surface. there's virtually no weakness due to flutes.

It's amazing how many of these boxes they recycle at the store particularily from now till boxing day. A lot of people have them installed so the packaging is recycled by the store.  I get it in both single and double wall. TDSCN3630.JPGhe double is great for things like 12 x 18" photographs as it just doesn't bend.  In the photo the single is on the top and doublewall in the middle.  Be sure to take the manager a bottle of Okanagan wine.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply