Advice re Shipping CDs to Europe and Beyond?

I'd be interested to hear from any sellers who regularly ship CDs to Europe (and other parts overseas).  To the U.S. Light Packet seems just fine for most CDs, since the cost isn't far off lettermail.  But to Europe, there's a somewhat bigger cost gap. 

My main interest is whether sellers using lettermail for shipping CDs to Europe and overseas have run into any problems (e.g. Post Office refusing these items because they are not actually letter mail, faster/slower delivery times than Light Packet, etc.).  Light Packet to Europe is convenient because it can be done through Paypal, but I can save almost $1.00 on every such item using ordinary lettermail/airmail. 

Thanks for your input!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

My main interest is whether sellers using lettermail for shipping CDs to Europe and overseas have run into any problems ...

Lettermail: I use size 0 kraft paper bubble mailers for dvds/cds with real postage stamps (bought at a discount when possible) and no mention of eBay/paypal on the outside. Haven't run into any problems with this method in almost 10 years (other than 1 did-not-arrive to the USA).  My oversea sale destinations are primarily the UK and Australia.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Light Packet International is the only way I'll go.

Not gonna play the "fingers crossed" letter-mail game.....especially for overseas 😉

Message 3 of 3
latest reply