Anything wrong with adding "Tax Free" or "No Tax" to my titles for US buyers?

Hey guys!

So I always list my items on both eBay.ca and eBay.com.

My listing on eBay.com are exclusively for US buyers (no shipping to Canada).

Would there be anything wrong with adding "Tax Free" or "No Tax" at the end of my titles for eBay.com?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hlmacdon
Community Member

@vip-marketplace wrote:

Hey guys!

So I always list my items on both eBay.ca and eBay.com.

My listing on eBay.com are exclusively for US buyers (no shipping to Canada).

Would there be anything wrong with adding "Tax Free" or "No Tax" at the end of my titles for eBay.com?

Thanks!

Nothing wrong but I don't think it would make a difference by adding it in the title. My experience is that the majority people won't read anything you write in your title. I would look into adding more clarity to your listings instead as they are very vague regarding shipping and you can roll in the information on the US import tax free thresholds there. At the moment there is nothing to distinguish your listings from every other dropship listing other than price.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

To assume Canadian buyers only look on .ca and US buyers on .com is foolish.  You should allow Canadian buyers to give you bigger dollars and pay for more expensive "free shipping".  You'll make more money that way.

There's no rule against saying "no tax", as long as the item is less than $800, there'll be no tax entering the USA.

My cousin has an online business selling mostly into the USA.  His web site has "no state tax" in big font.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply