Buyer claims he received an empty box - refused it - eBay closed request in my favor - small court

Hey guys!

I'm not to sure what to do here. Here's what happened.

A buyer opened an item not received case claiming he didn't receive an item he bought 3 weeks ago.

I have tracking showing the item was refused and returned to my fulfillment center.

Since the buyer refused the package, eBay closed the case if my favor without a refund to the buyer.

At about the same moment the buyer sends a message saying the box arrived opened and was empty.

Then he saw the case was closed in my favor and left a negative feedback claiming I'm a scammer and that I ship an empty box.

I believe it weird he claims I send an empty box and earlier he said the box arrived opened. It has very different implications.

I called eBay a second time and had the feedback removed.

Then he made a return case for the item.

I called eBay a 3rd time and had it closed.

Now he just sent me a message threatening to sue (small claim court).

I wasted about half a day on the phone because of this buyer who is most likely trying to get a free item.

What would you do? I almost sent a message that wasn't very nice but deleted it and decided to ask for advice here first.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer claims he received an empty box - refused it - eBay closed request in my favor - small court

So, if he refused the pkg and it is being returned to you by the post office, I would wait until you receive the pkg back and if the item is as you sent it, then you could refund less any postage costs. Let him know but he must be prepared to wait a few weeks as it can take a while for returned items.
Is the buyer in Canada or ? Was the pkg insured?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The package was already received by my fulfillment center.

He returned an empty box lol.

The carrier is Purolator and the tracking shows the package weight (11 lbs).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I’m not sure how it works with dropshipping. But if eBay has your back, there’s no sense in even replying to this person unless you hear from them in via court if, in fact, that comes to pass. Block and ignore.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

So not a $10 DVD, then?

Funny how that happens.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I suppose there is always the possibility of theft somewhere down the delivery chain. They seem pretty insistent the package was empty.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply