Buyer uses wrong address then opens INR dispute, item comes back

Our policy is to treat this as return, that means restocking applies, but Ebay only allows full refund and buyer does not cooperate and after all is done Ebay has the audacity to keep the commission.

The resolution process is very limited in situations to which it applies and self-serving.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buyer uses wrong address then opens INR dispute, item comes back

Had that one happen too it sucks that  buyer can give you a wrong address and you can still lose the dispute even if the tracking shows delivered to there wrong paypal address .

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just had this happen to me, shipped item to France, buyer says Post Office shipped to wrong address, tracking info says he did not claim the package. I mistakenly believed that eBay sellers had some protection but that is not the case  and I am out almost $200.00 in shipping cost.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It does suck...the rules should be different. "Our policy is to treat this as return, that means restocking applies..." Unfortunately restocking fees are not allowed. eBay and Paypal does not allow it, at least not for item not received or as described and they will not change that as credit card companies would not permit it and would do a chargeback against them.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@fernsevern wrote:

It does suck...the rules should be different. "Our policy is to treat this as return, that means restocking applies..." Unfortunately restocking fees are not allowed. eBay and Paypal does not allow it, at least not for item not received or as described and they will not change that as credit card companies would not permit it and would do a chargeback against them.

Restocking fees ARE allowed, obviously not for an INR claim because there is no "restocking" and not for SNAD because, well obviously when something is SNAD the buyer is due a FULL refund.

For "buyer remorse" type returns you can have a restocking charge if you like.

If tracking actually shows that the recipient has been notified and is required to pay import charges and the buyer never picks up the item I believe you can win an INR claim.

Of course in almost all these situation the packages are eventually returned, the seller may take a loss on shipping charges paid, it's just a cost of doing business that happens from time to time.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

is that not buyers fault? if you shipped to the listed paypal address, paypal said they cover sellers right?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply