Canada Post Shipping Rates are Changing

It looks like there have been rate increases planned for Canada Post. 

Can anyone confirm the claim of $12 per item for Oversize, and is this in reference to Oversize letter?

If that's the case it would be a jump from $3.33 to $12 stopping nowhere in between. This can't be real, can it?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Canada Post Shipping Rates are Changing

Can you cite the $12 increase to which you are referring? What did you hear and from whom?
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@pick-and-parlor wrote:

Can anyone confirm the claim of $12 per item for Oversize, and is this in reference to Oversize letter?

That is for oversize parcels not lettermail.

Fee will apply if one side is longer than 100cm or if 2 sides are both greater than 76cm.

Jan/2019 changes thread: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/January-2019-Canada-Post-price-increases/m-p/415284

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I’m done with Canada post. They are completely unreliable and overpriced. You should try https://chitchats.com . They charge half the price of what you would pay at Canada post and all your parcels come with tracking.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ChitChat is well known and well respected here.

We've been familiar with their freight forwarding services for some years.

It should be noted that they are mostly only useful for sellers within reach of their offices and that they are (mostly*) taking shipments over the border to USPS offices.

There are a few other freight forwarders in other cities who offer similar services.

*They have added some international and even Canadian destinations to their services.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I used CCE for a couple shipments recently and am happy with it, but they are only useful if you have many orders / large shipments. That area has very bad traffic during rush hour and for me it's one hour round trip... so it's not cost effective unless I can save at least $20 in postage per trip there.

I have only tried their USPS options so far. Asendia sometimes has better rates depending on the international destination / weight but I'm worried that they'd charge my buyers brokerage fee (as I have read online) so I haven't used it.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

ALL of ChitChats international services use the usual postal systems (via direct entry), there will never be any brokerage fees beyond the standard ones imposed by postal services like the Canada Post $10 fee when tax/duty is owned.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply