Category map changes

Hello devon@ebay 

Could you please address? This was from the May 9th Q & A but there was no follow up attached.

@mandicrafts 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1684163004635.png

-Lotz

As a heads up there were  additional posts where you were tagged from the April Q& A that were tagged but there were no responses given. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Monthly-Chat-Session/April-11th-2023-Monthly-Chat/m-p/493015#M9339

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Category map changes

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello devon@ebay 

Could you please address? This was from the May 9th Q & A but there was no follow up attached.

@mandicrafts 

-Lotz

As a heads up there were  additional posts where you were tagged from the April Q& A that were tagged but there were no responses given. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Monthly-Chat-Session/April-11th-2023-Monthly-Chat/m-p/493015#M9339

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! As we update the site, certain things just become less and less compatible to the point where the listing just doesn't really work the way it should. What I would recommend at this point, would be to try to end a few listings at a time and then relist them. There will be a few outliers that need to have some work done to bring them back up to your normal standard, but the vast majority will still retain everything from the original. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Category map changes

devon@ebay wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello devon@ebay 

@mandicrafts 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! As we update the site, certain things just become less and less compatible to the point where the listing just doesn't really work the way it should. What I would recommend at this point, would be to try to end a few listings at a time and then relist them. There will be a few outliers that need to have some work done to bring them back up to your normal standard, but the vast majority will still retain everything from the original. 

devon@ebay 

@mandicrafts 

The first issue would be locating the any gremlins in the mix...Basically needle in a haystack. Then updating with the new requirements. Not a small task for anyone with 100's or 1000's of listings. Those required IS's take a lot of time to verify. Everything that is listed on eBay is NOT new in box with the info at an easy ready to input.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Category map changes

Hi Devon
I do not understand your response?
With the category changes proposed, the structure link and the changes are not easily weeded out of the 399 and 574 pages in the links.
I wanted to know if there is a summary, or, like in the past, a link geared towards the seller as to which listings will be affected so we can revise as needed.
With 3000 listings, I do not want to spend time ending and relisting them all, or revising them all, without knowing which are to be affected.
Or do we just wait to see what shows up in Items that Need Required Item Specifics on Seller Hub? And ignore the rest?
I have 1200 that still show I need recommended item specifics added, which are not relevant, from the last update 2 years ago (but you cannot dismiss them - they just come back 30 days later). If only some recommended are affecting with THIS new update, how do I tell which they may be vs what has been showing for 2 years?
Thanks

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Category map changes

@mandicrafts wrote:

Hi Devon
I do not understand your response?
With the category changes proposed, the structure link and the changes are not easily weeded out of the 399 and 574 pages in the links.
I wanted to know if there is a summary, or, like in the past, a link geared towards the seller as to which listings will be affected so we can revise as needed.
With 3000 listings, I do not want to spend time ending and relisting them all, or revising them all, without knowing which are to be affected.
Or do we just wait to see what shows up in Items that Need Required Item Specifics on Seller Hub? And ignore the rest?
I have 1200 that still show I need recommended item specifics added, which are not relevant, from the last update 2 years ago (but you cannot dismiss them - they just come back 30 days later). If only some recommended are affecting with THIS new update, how do I tell which they may be vs what has been showing for 2 years?
Thanks

@mandicrafts 

devon@ebay 

"IF" ebay ends sellers listings because of these system changes for category mapping will sellers be credited for the time they will be losing for GTC/Auction listings? (This would also include Seller Refurbished and condition affected listings.) 

And can we get a definite answer if any listings that do get ended midstream will appear in a sellers ended listing folder? (Possibly with the reason it was ended.) This would be most helpful for anyone this ends up  directly affecting. 

-Lotz

Message 5 of 5
latest reply