Combined shipping problems STILL not solved.

I have a buyer wanting to combine shipping on 3 items. I explained about putting them in their cart and asking for a total, and once again this is what happens.

I put them in my cart and click on the "REQUEST A TOTAL"
but I get a message that this seller doesn't offer combined shipping rates???

This happens so often, my settings are correct, eBay reps have checked it several times.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sounds as if you are well aware of  the "allow combined payments" setting found in shipping preferences. Have you checked to make sure that combined payments are still enabled? 

Looks like you would need to check your .com shipping preferences as that appears to be the site you are listing on.

The ebay cart design does strikes me as odd, they do not provide a "Continue Shopping" option! At least they did not just now when I added a couple of your listings to my cart to see if the Request Invoice link was available, which it was. Did not click on it to see what would happen though.

Screenshots attached for anyone reading this who may not be aware of this setting.

Screenshot (9)_LI.jpgScreenshot (8).png

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, I have done that, it is correct. Several reps and cancelled the setting and then reset them and said that now it would be okay,but it's still hit and miss.  A few days ago a buyer purchased 7 books and had no problems asking for a combined shipping invoice, now today it won't work! This has been going on for a couple of years and is so annoying.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This problem of combined shipping has been ongoing for years.  Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't.  Even with all the settings correct.  Some buyers can add to cart & request a total.  And other buyers cannot do this as it says the seller does not combine shipping. I have given up. I usually ask the buyer what items they are interested in & adjust the shipping on the listings for them. Or if they have already bought everything & paid seperate shipping on each item, I then refund them the difference through PayPal.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply