EBay ads in Facebook

Not sure how many of you spend time on FB. I spend way too much time there. LOL I have noticed for a few months now that eBay has ads there featuring different items. I have seen my own items about a dozen times. A couple of times they advertised items I had already sold which wasn't good but still it might draw buyers to your store. Not sure how much business this generates but thought it was interesting & wondered if anyone else is noticing this.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

EBay ads in Facebook

Thanks for pointing this out.  For some reason I hadn't noticed it myself, but I'll certainly look now! 

I'm surprised that it took eBay so long to make use of this marketing outlet, although I seem to recall one of the CEO's announced months ago (if not a couple of years ago) that eBay was planning to branch out to social media in its marketing efforts.  They really should have been doing this long ago.  

Let's hope it has some positive effect! 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

EBay ads in Facebook

I've been putting listings on FB (totally useless from a sales point of view) for a few months now.

I use the same name as my eBay account.

I have AdBlocker of course, so i don't see much, but my ads do turn up both in my messages from friends on the account I mostly use, and occasionally on the right side.

But only my own listings.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply