Ebay rates

Hi , I'm a new ebay seller and I recently noticed that I get charged

10 % for any item I sell , is there a better deal ?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay rates

Well, it also depends on your volume.

Right now I only see 27 listings. If you are going to add more like dozens more it might make sense. But you need to calculate what your savings would be and find out if the extra monthly fee would make sense.

I suspect for most it won't. I got a store to increase my monthly allowance of listings which can save me $12 a month so worth it from that view.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay rates

Hi there, if you have an eBay store you can save an additional 1% and if you become top rated, on qualifying listings you can save 10% of the fees charged to you. 

But even with the best discounts when you add eBay and PayPal fees you are paying about 12% fees. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

Yes thats right , I'm paying about 4 % for paypal and 10 % for ebay so I should probably open a store 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

Well, it also depends on your volume.

Right now I only see 27 listings. If you are going to add more like dozens more it might make sense. But you need to calculate what your savings would be and find out if the extra monthly fee would make sense.

I suspect for most it won't. I got a store to increase my monthly allowance of listings which can save me $12 a month so worth it from that view.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

I think I'm only allowed 30 listings . So a store isvwhen you pay a flat rate per month ?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

Opening a basic store and enrolling in a subscription to do so makes sense once you have about 200 listings. (And your selling limits allow for that.)
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

Stores also offer additional benefits such as being able to put items in Markdown and using Vacation mode to hide your listings if you’re taking an extended holiday.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

Sadly it doesn't really help new or even experienced sellers for that matter, trying to research eBay help for someone else when a number of the links refuse to load or give you conflicting information.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

Here are the rates for various levels of Store.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/ebay-stores.html#packages-pricing

• The annual subscription is lower but you may prefer to pay the somewhat higher monthly rate until you are sure a Store is worth your while. Ending an annual subscription is expensive.
  • Stores do NOT increase visibility in Search
  • Stores are not needed to sell on eBay. (You know that but a newbie doing research may not.)

Fees for Paypal are 30 cents for each transaction PLUS 2.9% for domestic transactions OR 4.4% for international transactions.

EBaydotCOM offers PP micro-payments for those whose products usually sell for under $10 including shipping and also has a mini-store option.

I don't know anything about those except that they exist and are not available here on dotCA.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

@femmefan1946 wrote:
... Fees for Paypal are 30 cents for each transaction PLUS 2.9% for domestic transactions OR 4.4% for international transactions.

4.4% international rate is for a PayPal account based in the USA.

Canadians with a Canadian PayPal account get:

Sales within Canada: 2.9% + 0.30 CAD per transaction

Sales to the USA: 3.7%  + fixed fee* based on currency received

International sales (excluding USA): 3.9% + fixed fee* based on currency received

* fixed fee for CA$ is 0.30 CAD,  fixed fee for US$ is 0.30 USD

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ebay rates

I used some of my own sales and was wondering where my always erratic arithmetic went sideways.

Ah!  I couldn't find the stated pricing, so I just went with what easily available US rates were.

Better to be high than low when estimating costs, in my opinion.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply