Is it possible to cancel a listing before its ending time? Need to relist properly.

It has been brought to my attention by another eBay member that I listed this item incorrectly. The title has to change and the description... I have just relisted this item and it doesn't give me the option to change much. 

I need to cancel and relist (yes, I realise fees will apply.

Skylark-53

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is it possible to cancel a listing before its ending time? Need to relist properly.

You're right, it is important to describe a rare item such as that very accurately. Any buyer who'd searched high and low to find it would be sorely disappointed if it did not suit, and then you as a seller would have an Item Not as Described case on your hands which is not fatal so long as it is handled professionally and promptly but it creates a lot of extra work and hassle for both parties. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Unless eBay has changed things again, you should be able to revise your item. Go to your item and above the photo it should say revise your item. It will also show revise next to your item in your My eBay page. And, yes you can cancel an item before it ends. On your My eBay page check off the item and click on Action, then End item.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

What listing is it? What has been done incorrectly that you need to fix? 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Firstly, I just found how to cancel the item and did cancel it.

The original listing was for a rare brake part for a 196-67 Corvette, or so I thought. 

This part was produced by a manufacturer called Kelsey-Hayes and was also used on 1965-66 High Performance Mustangs. The castings for both the Corvette and Mustang units are exactly the same and even have the same casting number. The differences are in brake line fittings and in some cases for Mustang usage comes in two versions, early and late.

A very nice seller contacted me to tell me that my part would NOT fit Corvettes as it was a Mustang valve. So, that is why the listing has to be completely redone and identified properly. The part regularly sells for close to $1,000 cdn for the Corvette versions and I've seen as high as $1,250. for the very similar Mustang part. 

At those prices, I wanted to make sure I was listing it very accurately. 

Thank you all for getting back to me so promptly.

Skylark-53

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You're right, it is important to describe a rare item such as that very accurately. Any buyer who'd searched high and low to find it would be sorely disappointed if it did not suit, and then you as a seller would have an Item Not as Described case on your hands which is not fatal so long as it is handled professionally and promptly but it creates a lot of extra work and hassle for both parties. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The first thing that hits me is.

It is Chevrolet  Corvette.

and then

It is Ford Mustang

and then ... A part that will fit both a Corvette and a Mustang..... 

In such a situation one does have to be extremely careful about what fits what....

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I think the part was manufactured by a third party.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

To me, Chevrolet is Chevrolet  and Ford is Ford..... and never the twain shall meet.... or in this situation... never the third shall step in 

If I am on a road, whether at 30, 50, 80 or 100 km/h....  then my trust is in a part manufactured by the original manufacturer of the vehicle I am driving...  

My warranty is covered....

It may look correct... but does it run properly..... I have "heard" of too many situations where a replacement part from someone other than the original manufacturer has made a "mess".... All one has to do is listen .....

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. In this case, I imagine the buyers would rather have brakes than no brakes at all. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Also, I don't think manufacturer's warranty would cover parts 52 years later. Of course, I might be wrong.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yes, the part was manufactured by a third party but it's not an "aftermarket" part... It's OEM.

GM, Ford or others don't manufacture every single part that goes into their cars... In this case Kelsey-Hayes manufactured this brake valve for both GM and Ford... To their individual specifications of course. That's why there are minor differences using the same casting.

Skylark-53

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Of course not...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Cat Wink

Message 13 of 13
latest reply