Is the New Listing Form on .com now Mandatory?

Last night, and again this morning, I began to list (Sell Similar) some items on .com and a new listing form appeared.  I knew there was a new one available but I thought we would be given some notice as to when it would become mandatory.  It hasn't appeared on this account -- the one I'm posting on -- but on my other account.

Personally, I don't like it.  I'm not averse to change but I looked at the form closely .... and I don't like it!  I googled this issue and found that a lot of people, like me, did not like the new form and were asking how to go back to the old one.  Some people said they had to call eBay who changed their accounts back to the way they were, and others said there was an "Opt Out" link at the top of the page.  There was no link on the page I was presented with.

Do any of you have any information about this?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem with eBay is fixing something that is NOT BROKEN!!  Just leave thing alone!!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Update:

I just spoke with an eBay rep.  He stated that the Opt Out deadline date had passed and the new format is a done deal.  It's being rolled out over a period of time so it will be a while before all accounts are changed.

To my knowledge, we weren't given any information about the new listing tool other than that it was currently in Beta and we were encouraged to use it  I told the CSR that it would have been nice, to say the least, if sellers were advised that if they tried it and didn't like it, they could opt out or, more importantly, that as of a certain date, we would be forced to use it.

He said the main advantage was to make our listings more compatible with mobile devices ... they will load faster and the description would be easier to read.  I did notice on the form that we could select the "fix" option to make our current listing more compatible but when I previewed it to see the changes, it was in HTML which is Greek to me.

So, another change that we have no choice but to get used to.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Wait till TL. Selling Manager, and Selling Manager Pro all go away and you have to use the HUB for US listings.

Not sure if you will be able to list .com listings from the .ca site or if they will have to be done from the .com site just like editing US listings, closing US listings, or sending invoices for US listings.

All supposed to happen over the next months as well as a spring update and possibly fall update before everything is finalized.

As they say, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

This isn't good news, but thank you for alerting us.  I haven't done any new listings on .com in the last 2 or 3 weeks except directly from Auctiva, so I hadn't run into the new format.  I had more or less forced myself to get used to the new Seller Hub on .com, even though I don't like it as much as the setup on .ca, but I suppose I should have expected a new listing form would go along with those changes.  

So great, now there's more "busy work" to waste more of our time.  

I realize eBay has to keep up with the demands of the mobile marketplace, but foisting these changes on us completely "cold" is really bad management, in my view.  We are their paying users and/or subscribers, aren't we?  Oh, right, we aren't the shareholders barking in their ears for more value. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

This isn't good news, but thank you for alerting us.  I haven't done any new listings on .com in the last 2 or 3 weeks except directly from Auctiva, so I hadn't run into the new format.  I had more or less forced myself to get used to the new Seller Hub on .com, even though I don't like it as much as the setup on .ca, but I suppose I should have expected a new listing form would go along with those changes.  

So great, now there's more "busy work" to waste more of our time.  

I realize eBay has to keep up with the demands of the mobile marketplace, but foisting these changes on us completely "cold" is really bad management, in my view.  We are their paying users and/or subscribers, aren't we?  Oh, right, we aren't the shareholders barking in their ears for more value. 

Seller hub has been available on eBay.com for over a year in beta version. Then a non beta version has been available for the past three or four months for sellers on .com to use to switch over and learn. So it is not completely cold switch. Same for the new listing tool. eBay USA has been promoting the new hub and selling tool forever on their site but typically sellers do not see the announcements, links in current tools or wherever it is shown.

On eBay.ca there will also be a switchover period sometime this spring summer most likely to be announced in the 2017 Spring Seller Update. The new listing tool was announced on eBay.ca by email and announcements recently.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Poco - do you have a link to these announcements relating to Canada as I would like to read them.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
latest reply