Local Pick Ups and QC Code

Does anyone know if the new program for pick ups with a QC code was ever announced on eBay Canada. As I recall it was on dot com but there seems to be very limited information on the program or where you can enter the QC code without the app on dot ca? It also does not seem to be possible to add a handling charge for local pickups. I believe it is possible on dot com. This is not always something that is convenient for all sellers and can have costs attached.

-Lotz

See portion "Proof of Collection"

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/posting-items/setting-postage-options/local-pickup?id=4181&st=3&pos...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It’s only available on the app.  There is no way to enter the info on a pc and I haven’t heard if there is a plan to do that.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've no idea if this system was ever officially announced here. Since the documentation you linked is a .ca page it would seem the system should be accessible on the app. I'm fairly certain the seller is going to need to be logged on to the app on their cell or tablet to make this work, doubt it's accessible on desktop. I would be willing to wager half the buyers would show up with no code anyway, probably give you a blank stare when asked for it.

Years ago I sold a clock with local pickup, got lucky with the buyer, arrived at my door bang on the specified time, nice guy no problem at all. Another time, I had a somewhat local buyer message me they wanted an item, they would pick it up. That buyer's back and forth, hot and cold behaviour turned me off of local pickup forever I think.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I heard about it on dot com a few months ago and never thought anymore about it. Had a buyer show up today with the code on his phone. I do everything on a pc. I just marked it as picked up and that was fine by him. What get released in the USA seems to take forever to be released in Canada and when it does show up it seems to be the "lite" version with limited help files.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I guess if a seller has no access to the app or the buyer doen't have the code they reccomend ...

If the buyer doesn’t have their email with the codes, a signed receipt/invoice or an eBay message from the buyer confirming they collected the item can protect you against item not received cases.

.... seems reasonable.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply