New eBay Label Service

2budds
Community Member

Used it today for the first time.  There are a couple of bugs to fix:  This was for a package going within Canada.

Package weight is in pounds and ounces ; but the package dimensions are in cm

Does not show you how much the added package insurance cost is.  

The printed label does not give you some type of receipt for your own records, like Paypal shipping and Shippo.  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

New eBay Label Service

More than one bug with that system.

Good to know your average shipping costs a bit otherwise you end up paying way too much. Pay attention to that part also.

They finally got the dimensions part but the weight is still in onces and lbs. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.  I have had to bring the last couple of parcels directly to the post office. Shippo has always been temperemental. Works fine then does not. That one also was not working  on either of those days.

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

You can also print labels through PP but if you are in Managed Payments you have to to first sign into PayPal.com/ship now

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

@luv4orphans wrote:

More than one bug with that system.

Good to know your average shipping costs a bit otherwise you end up paying way too much. Pay attention to that part also.

They finally got the dimensions part but the weight is still in onces and lbs. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.  I have had to bring the last couple of parcels directly to the post office. Shippo has always been temperemental. Works fine then does not. That one also was not working  on either of those days.

@2budds 

ebay labels1.JPG

ebay labels2.JPG

Note 1: My recent shipments are displaying metric

Note 2: Most likely missing option for shipping tube

Note 3: **Form = From

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

I'm curious, for the first section you quoted 11% for expedited online and 7% for eBay labels.  I know that there 11% quote is from CP and is 'up to 11%'.   What is the 7% rate based on?  Is that percentage stated somewhere or is that based on a transaction that you did?  I would check myself but don't have anything to do a label for.  

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

As soon as Ebay Labels rolled out and defaulted to the ship screen those were the discounts attached to 2 recent shipments. I can still view, but it lets me know that label has already been created. I haven't had an Intl shipment yet so unable to compare. I would have thought eBay Labels would have mirrored a standard Level 1 discount but appears not to be the case.

-Lotz

PS. The original Spring 2020 Announcement for eBay ship does not quote any specific discounts. It can be very entertaining at times to scroll back at previous official announcements to compare what was scheduled/promised to what really happened.

According to the current announcement it just states the following:

To start, you can save up to 45% compared to rates you'd pay at the post office by getting access to Canada Post Small Business Level 1 discounts automatically with eBay Labels. More shipping carriers will be available on eBay Labels in the future.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

Unless you compared the price of what you paid with eBay labels and what you would pay using the CP calculator with the minimum discount, how would know if the prices are the same or different?   Or is that what you did?  You can't go by the CP 'up to xx%' since that number varies.  Plus the way that they figure out that percentage is based on the top number...before fuel rates, taxes etc get added on so that percentage isn't based on what you actually paid.

You could  be right that the percentages are different and the eBay labels are not giving the true level 1 discount but I'm just saying that it depends exactly what you are comparing it to.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

The rate options display as soon as you arrive. The weight/size did not change when I created label in Shippo. My Shippo rates match my level 2 discounts exactly when I sign into CP.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

@luv4orphans wrote:

They finally got the dimensions part but the weight is still in onces and lbs.

This seems to have been fixed now.

(And is it just me, or are dimensions usually listed starting with the largest side?)

ebay_labels_metric.png

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

@fbriere 

Standard universal system is L x W x H. Info should have ported over accordingly.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

I am asking if the total that you paid with ebay labels is the same total that you would get if you went to the canada post parcel calculator and looked at the price for the minimum online discount which is for level 1.

That would be the only way that I can think of to compare if the level one discount is the same as the ebay labels discount.    Your one post suggested that it wasn't but unless you compare using the same info, there is no way to know for sure.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

It's ok,  I just sold something so was able to check myself and it looks like I would be charged the same  level one price regardless of where I made the label.  What is really odd though that it gives a price as soon as you start the label even though it has no idea of exactly what my package size will be.

I see now where you got the 7% since they actually state that percentage..I misunderstood what you meant.  But apparently that's the percentage I would get anywhere online for this transaction.  I realize that your cost would be different elsewhere since you are higher than level 1.

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Standard universal system is L x W x H.

Of course.  Thanks for setting me straight.  I guess I was still half-awake when I wrote otherwise.  😀

Info should have ported over accordingly.

I definitely entered all dimensions in the correct order when creating the listing, but apparently eBay felt the need to reorder them numerically come label-time.  (I don't know if it matters at all; I simply found it rather strange.)

Listing:

ebay_labels_dimensions1b.png

Label:

ebay_labels_dimensions2.png

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

I always put the largest number first too.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

Okay that's great to know. Where do the funds come from. Our funds are stuck on ebay until they release them to our bank account, not paypal.  How long will paypal agree to let ebay sellers used their sites to print labels only. Am I missing something here.

There will be a fee if not one already.

I know when purchasing something the cost is always higher on paypal than what is quoted on ebay. Buyer's fee? When you purchase something it still goes through paypal to pay for it.

I better give it up for a couple of hours here. All I am getting is a headache just trying to figure this all out.

Could have gotten there much faster if you didn't take the milk route and made all these stops along the way and that's what this is. A mumbo jumbo nightmare.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

What is CP Level 1, 1 and 2?

Discount not so great when you are paying from $4.00 to $7.00 extra to ship. And then have to call ebay to rectify once you notice and one only knows how long you've been overpaying. I've even had them go into my bank account to retrieve the whole amount without the discount which was $12.93 and with discount around $12.04. Well they were retrieving $12.93. And I had already paid $3-4.00 extra Small Parcel way overpriced.

Are you sure they didn't make a mistake and add 7% or whatever instead of subtracting the discount.

Message 16 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

It wasn't for me as of Monday the last time I had to print a label. Dimensions were adjustable but not the weight. It was still in onces and lbs and didn't budge. Had to take my last 2 parcels to the post office. Was getting the same problem on Shippo plus it was telling me I had no account with them.

Oh ya I forgot to clear my cookies. Lol Maybe that was the problem.

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

@luv4orphans wrote:

How long will paypal agree to let ebay sellers used their sites to print labels only.

For as long as you have money in your paypal account to pay for the label.

When you use paypal.com/shipnow -- PayPal does not care where you made the sale (ebay/amazon/personal/etc)

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

The thing is you can't change the dimensions or the weight which is still in lbs and ozs. Or even when I have been able to change that price didn't budge. I have had a few times where this has happened now and not paying enough attention paid it. After 3 or 4, then I caught on that something was off. Almost the price of track parcel for small parcel and the price of expedited for track parcel. Difference of only a dollar or two.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

New eBay Label Service

Just be careful because I have been overcharged a few times so far with their system's glitches.

Best way is to double check on CP's site but I think they shut that off at night when they close the buildings. Does not seem to work properly at night and on weekends. Always missing the Expedited cost of shipping?

Message 20 of 41
latest reply