Offer Local Pickup not saving

Hi 

Every time I include Offer Local Pickup on my listings the option doesn't 'stick'. It doesn't show in my listing and when I go back to revise the listing it's unchecked. 

Bug or doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Local pickup is not allowed when calculated shipping is used. Only for flat rate shipping.

No idea why, it's been like that for years.

You need to mention it in your description that you are allowing pickup.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Local pickup is not allowed when calculated shipping is used. Only for flat rate shipping.

No idea why, it's been like that for years.

You need to mention it in your description that you are allowing pickup.

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@ericsells75 

I've seen variations of this issue over the past couple of years with no consistency. I will go to create a listing and it will allow me to either:

1. Add Pick Up option without a handling charge

2. Add Pick Up option with handling charge

3. Add Pick up or Calculated/Flat Rate shipping but not both.

4. I've gone to add Pick Up when a customer has requested it and then it would not let me add the handling charge on the invoice.

Personally, I don't think it should be an either or situation. Unsure if it is category specific or affects grandfathered in listings. Really no rhyme or reason to whole situation.  From my observations pickup rules are even different for dot com sellers compared to dot ca sellers. For a buyer or a seller they need to know it is going be convenient to arrange pick up before a sale is completed,  not after and then the seller should have the  option to add in a handling charge when they need to.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

would not let me add the handling charge

The UK site calls Shipping and Handling Postage and Packaging.

It makes sense if Handling =Packaging that there would be neither on a pickup item.

At least not usually.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@clemowbooks 

Pickup may involve meeting somewhere where it is convenient for both parties so it covers the time and trouble. There also needs to be a way to build in all the fees eBay charges. Examples below.

Offer PU.JPG

**********************************************************************************************************************

Local PU A.JPG

It appears, Handling cost is only allowed for Flat Rate shipping which I use on 10% of my listings.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes.

That's why I don't like it.  I spend my time to save someone else money. And they spend their time to save much less than they think.

But looking at the snapshot-- apparently we can charge a fee for pickup even if it is not called a Handling fee.

Or does that disappear when you fill in a Cost?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@clemowbooks wrote:
... apparently we can charge a fee for pickup even if it is not called a Handling fee.

Yes, you can have a fee for pickup.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply