Offers changed again

Another stupid change for the sake of change... didn't they change the way offers looked last year? Oops, they did it again!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Offers changed again

YES, this started last week, and yes a change that didn't need to happen, but i don't hate it.. i certainly could have been worse.. at least all the information is there..

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Offers changed again

I wish they had included useful information about the person offering.

Like his location and his feedback/ date of joining.

It would make counter offers easier .

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Offers changed again

@esclyons wrote:

at least all the information is there..

Not really. As reallynicestamps wrote, the buyer ID is not there anymore. And it's totally stupid to delete that part! We need to know who sent an offer...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Offers changed again

What did the offer look like when you linked through the listing?

I never rely on ebay emails for offers.

But obviously another change made by the paranoid folks who want to prevent off-ebay sales by increasing the communication distance between potential buyer and seller.

-..-

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Offers changed again

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

But obviously another change made by the paranoid folks who want to prevent off-ebay sales by increasing the communication distance between potential buyer and seller.

I agree completely, but not only is the communication distance increasing, the likelihood that an inexperienced seller will accept any first offer will increase with this kind of intentionally deceptive email. 

This sort of email was clearly intended to bamboozle newer sellers with the message that "you need to take this offer -- now!".  The whole thing is filled with leading language, pushing urgency: "The buyer is waiting ..."; "Your First Offer -- we hope it's the lucky one!"; "Listing ends soon..."; "Buyer's feedback 100% positive" (LOL -- we know how much that means). 

It's all a not-too-thinly veiled attempt to ensure the novice (or nervous) seller jumps at the "Respond Now" button.  EBay's guile at its best. 

Like you, I don't use Messages to look at an offer.  Hopefully these shifty shenanigans aren't also going on through the listing's offer link.  I want an opportunity to know my buyer's ID and look at their history before making a decision on an offer, especially on a significant listing. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Offers changed again

And another thing...

What this change, and the previous change to (what is it now?) 8 or 10 offers allowed, tells me is that eBay must be very short on cash.  They are no longer focused on designing their Best Offer feature to ensure sellers get the best possible price for each item, but the quickest available price.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply