Question regarding the new Return Policy rules.

Allegedly you ARE allowed to still have a 14 day return policy in certain categories, collectibles being one of them.

When I list in that category on the dot com site I get no warnings, yet every one I list in that category on the Ca site has a warning that the 14 day returns is "deprecated" (ie not allowed).

Why? Does the Ca site have different return policy rules or is this just yet another glitch?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Deprecation does not mean "not allowed".

deprecation is the discouragement of use of some terminology, feature, design, or practice,  without completely removing it or prohibiting its use. It can also imply that a feature, design, or practice will be removed or discontinued entirely in the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecation

Here is eBay.CA's 2018 list:

Categories that will continue to have the option to offer 14-day returns will be Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo, Cell Phones & Smartphones, and Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment.

-..-

@happy_pigeon

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The process for this started in May 2018 and will be completed in August 2018. As ypdc_dennis mentioned, 14-day return policies will still be allowed for select categories.

I'm not sure why you would get a warning on the CA site and not the US site, since this change is meant to be identical on both sites, and you're listing in the same category in each case. But it is going away next month, so it's probably best that a warning is shown!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

But I'm listing in the Collectibles category so I shouldn't be shown a warning at all (on either site). That's why I'm confused.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Still getting the warning when relist in the Collectibles category with a 14 day returns buyer pays.

Really wish they'd fix this, preferably before August.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Still getting this and listings on Canada site are ONLY allowing 30 or 60 day returns in the dropdown. NO options for 14 day returns in collectibles.

Why not? And when will this be fixed? (if ever)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply