Re: Reminder invoice procedure to buyers update as per eBay change

Just posted on eBay dot com October 15, 2023 FYI. It case it doesn't make its way to ca.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Update-about-recent-changes-to-invoices/m-p/34106251#M2308799

"eBay sends automated payment reminders to your buyers. We also understand that some sellers prefer the option to manually send invoices to their buyers as payment reminders.

As part of the ongoing work to reduce the number of unpaid items on eBay, we are evaluating these processes to ensure buyers are receiving appropriate and timely reminders. You may have noticed a recent change to the invoicing process. Based on your feedback, we are removing that recent change to invoicing so that Sellers can continue to send invoices as payment reminders. The automated payment reminders also will be sent at 24 & 48  hours after the listing ends."

-Lotz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I thought payment reminders were automatically sent by eBay after 48 hours (didn't think at 24). Is that the part that is new? If they have been working on changing invoices that is perhaps why the notes haven't been copying for a month or so (as per other post about that).

Myself I prefer the automated ones being sent as opposed to me looking impatient and sending one. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Selllers should also remember that customers do have 96 hours to pay, after which eBay automatically cancels the transaction and gives the deadbeat a Strike

But that our manual reminders reset the clock. So if we send a reminder at the 36 hour mark the buyer now has 132 hours from purchase to pay.

Patience, grasshopper.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay stopped allowing sellers to send an invoice unless they were making a change to the shipping cost.  When they tried to send an invoice fir a single item without making a change, a pop up. message would come up.  There were numerous complaints about it so ebay went back to allowing sellers to send an invoice without making a change. That's what the post was referring to.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply