Set a listing to cancel after a month?

With the end of free listings promo and now that i have only 200 free listings, i plan to cancel many of my scheduled listings and also active ones. I don't wanna upgrade to a store, not right now at least. I will just cancel all my cheapest items

I see that we only have good 'til cancelled for fixed price lisitngs and seems to be literally forced to renew them. Is there a way to set the listings to not renew every month? Do we really need to cancel them one by one manually just before it renew to avoid an insertion? I have listings renewing every day i would need to check and cancel every day this is very annoying

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

With the end of free listings promo and now that i have only 200 free listings, i plan to cancel many of my scheduled listings and also active ones. I don't wanna upgrade to a store, not right now at least. I will just cancel all my cheapest items

I see that we only have good 'til cancelled for fixed price lisitngs and seems to be literally forced to renew them. Is there a way to set the listings to not renew every month? Do we really need to cancel them one by one manually just before it renew to avoid an insertion? I have listings renewing every day i would need to check and cancel every day this is very annoying

Easiest way is is to set your hub page to include end date column. Then you can sort to ending soonest. As you see listings about to end you can pick and choose by checking which ones work best for you.

Also on main page it will have an option ending within 24 hours or that day. You can click and end there. Numbers can vary slightly because of time zones.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There are third party tools available (but not free).

To do it on eBay you can do it in bulk, easiest if your listings that you plan to end on day 29 are all listed on the same day or maybe the same day of the week. That way you only have to do the ending work once a month or at least not needing to check every day or two to make sure you don't miss.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

The Free 100k listings were good until it ended but more less was advertsiment for me didnt increase sold items that uch with the 100k free listings past 12 months  it helped by having that many listings for more buyer to view my listings and hooked up on facebook. Now the fun part start to slowly end listings before they renew cause most items taes 3 of 4 tries if they were to sell but also depending on pricing and many buyers are realizing that prices are up cause now with the new system sellers are paying 15% in fees in total to ebay so buyers are going offline to buy for less and many sellers are rewarding buyers to buy offline from  cause in the end the buyer is paying the fees 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You don't have to end them "one by one".

Go to your Active Listings and put them in date order with Ending Soonest first.

Now a day or whatever before they end, on the left hand column, click on the little box beside the listings you are going to end.

Now OPTIONAL  Go to the ACTIONS drop down -> choose Add/Edit Note and add a note about when and/or why it was ended.

Now ACTIONS dropdown-> choose End Item.

You can add the same note to dozens of listings at a time and also end dozens of listings at a time.

They will go to your Unsold Items List and rest there for 60 days or so.

Make a note to look back at them in 30 or 45 days, in case you have room to open them for a few days then close them again in favour of something more saleable/profitable.

The NOTE by the way can be seen on your Unsold List and on the Active List until you remove it, but only you can see it.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the answers. I know we can sort them and manually end them. What i wondered is if we could schedule our listings to not renew, or set a date to listing to end, without doing it manually for every listing. If i have 1 listing ending every day i must check every day and end them 1 by 1. If i'm not there some days to check or i forgot it waste me insertions

I mean, auctions we can choose when our listing ends... We should have the option to select good 'til cancelled OR listing end after a month

They want us to pay fees on insertions after 200 listings but i can't schedule my listings to end to avoid insertions without manually end them, does not make sense to me

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

eBay used to allow you to put a fixed price item up for various different lengths, 30 days being one. They got ride of that a couple years ago (if I recall correctly) and everything sis good to cancel now. So you have to do the manual effort. No way around it, likely to catch people not paying attention and make more money

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

No way around it, likely to catch people not paying attention and make more money

That's my feeling there's no reason to not let us having the option except to fool people not paying attention

Really my respect for ebay since i'm selling there is at 0%

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Check your Promotions in Seller Hub - one of the Usual Suspects has noticed he go 10,000 ZIF listings.

Fingers crossed.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Zero-Insertion-Fee-promotion-extension/ba-p/469174

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yes! We got our 100k back lmao I wonder if they realised that a high amount of sellers just cancel listings

Same problem will be back when the promos will end again though

Message 10 of 10
latest reply