Forum Posts

Cancelling an order

tyler@ebay I recently had a customer purchase an item with best offer with no follow up payment. Waited the few days(4) I believe and accidentally cancelled using buyers request. Once that is done, it's done. Maybe better choice would due to address....

Managed Payments for Canadian's selling on Dot Com with USA Bank Account

I am a Canadian selling on Dot Com and shipping out of NY State. Since we started we sell in USD and have proper documents to operate in the USA. This means that PayPal or our USA located USD Bank does not withhold any of our funds. It is simple, by ...

Resolved! Search Results May Vary With Managed Payments

Search results will vary between eBay sites once managed payments is fully implemented. See post 34 - From: Charles_Payments (eBay Staff)https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/ebay-Managed-Payment-for-Canadian-selling-in-US-site/m-p/31070249#M78029 H...

Global Shipping Import Charges - What portion is Canadian GST? (Input tax credits)

Scenario:A Canadian seller who is not a small supplier buys a large lot from a US eBay seller who sells to Canada using the Global Shipping Program. This is a business purchase with the intention of breaking up the lot and selling the items individua...

Interesting reply, USPS shipping

I have been warning my buyers about the delays possible in shipping times, I have had some very positive responses telling me the understand. Just got this interesting one this morning. The USPS is no better. I've had items mailed the very day I made...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 5 helpful

eBay Account

Hi ! I have been buying many items on eBay for years and I am interested in starting to sell items myself.So, i created this new account and listed items.However, i have a limit of 10 items to sell.Am i doing something wrong? Do i have to create an e...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

sixbit and eBay.ca

Since Turbolister is going and eBay broke their promises of putting it's features into seller hub I am trying the 6 month free trial of sixbit. So far it is a nightmare! Claims to do everything I don't need though! But there seems to be no option to ...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Item damaged during return shipping

Hi everyone, I'm not new on Ebay but I have a very limited experience dealing with returns. Could you please give some advice on the following case as to what should be my next step.A buyer from US returned a silver ring choosing "bought by mistake" ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed Payments and Going Forward

Personally, since I started selling on eBay, when I have purchased on eBay and elsewhere, funds came directly from PayPal. Really can't remember a purchase requiring my bank account to complete. It was that thing they used to call...Convenience. Goin...

HI-JACKED ACCOUNT

tyler@ebay I received a message this afternoon from a buyer wanting to do a deal off eBay... Feedback is 0.0 for the year... Perhaps a hi-jacked account.

MANAGED PAYMENTS CORRECTION

It looks like eBay is walking back their threat of blocking sellers from listing after July.15/20 if they haven't signed up for Managed Payments. I wonder why?? Hi silverpinups,You may have received a communication earlier today regarding eBay managi...

Resolved! Please advise on "out of stock" situation

Dear sellers,I can not locate one booklet that somebody bought, saw it million times when I did not need it...What is the proper behavior in such situation?Do I have to advise the buyer about it first and offer something else instead?I mean to offer ...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Do I Have To Use Shippo for Shipping

Hi Folks,I normally print my shipping though PayPal, but with this managed payments change supposed to be coming I don't think I'll be able to do that anymore.Is there a way to print shipping labels though Ebay without using Shippo?I've been trying t...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW "VIEW PURCHASED ITEM" PAGE AFTER YOU SOLD SOMETHING?

Check out the new "VIEW PURCHASED ITEM" page after you sell something and want to print a copy for your sales records. What a MESS... and eBay thinks this is an improvement! They once again change something that did not need to be changed, yet "SAME ...

Just received a negative for slow shipping go figure..

Just received a negative for slow shipping, is this person seriously leaving under a rock.. delivery estimate was June 23-July 27.. and today they leave message SLOWEST SHIPPER EVER.. I also have another customer writing me after 2 weeks, saying it m...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBay advertising

I usually listen to this programme on RadioOne, but this time I went for the podcast.And to my surprise there was an eBay ad in the middle. Under the Influence is about advertising.What do you think of this ad? https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH...

Resolved! ebay.ca 500 error when you "Print Shipping Label"

Hello, I have been having this bug all week... trying to Print Shipping Label leads to a 500 error from the server. I have tried it from multiple parts of the UI. I looked at the Developer console but not sure where the 500 is coming from. I thought ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

VISIT STORE FORMAT HAS CHANGED

eBay has made another unnecessary change to the Visit Store format. Instead of three items horizontally across it now looks similar to the See Other Items format where the items are stacked vertically. Visit Store now has a ending soonest default whi...

eBay.ca App - Cancellation Relist bug

Hello, Here is another bug that I would like to report. tyler@ebay can you please look into this? A Buyer cancelled an order 10 minutes after paying via PayPal. I got the screen as seen below. First problem: you should not be showing me USD. Yes, the...

20200713_005705.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Taking things to the next level

Ok - I'm on a posting roll so let's keep going. I'm a new seller - I basically sold off everything I've had around the house and have started visiting thrift stores. Things are going pretty well but often when I pop into the forums some topics seem l...

Refunding As A Seller

I received a return request from a buyer saying that the item was defective. According to eBay policies, I am supposed to refund the buyer the price of the item PLUS the shipping fee as well as purchase the return shipping label. I understand that I ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Immediate Payment setting bug

Every couple of months this issue comes up and wastes my time. This may be catching way bigger sellers than myself, so hopefully it can help more people. Thus I am hoping someone at eBay can address this bug. tyler@ebay perhaps? The buyer wants to gi...

Screenshot_2020-07-11-22-42-10-1.png
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels