Using PayPal statement as proof of income to apply CERB

So, I am a college student who has been selling figures on eBay since 2018, last year I made around $8000 from this account which surpassed the $5000 requirement, however, due to Covid-19 my sold went down to only $300 since January as my suppliers from Asia shut down their business. 

I was wondering if anyone successfully applied for CERB just to provide statements from Paypal? or is there any other way I can use it as proof of income if I am doing my business online? 

thank you:) 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

My friends who are answering phones in Ottawa just learned that they are no longer allowed to speak to customers/taxpayers on the phone while working from home for "security reasons".

Best bet?

Get your CRA number and apply. They can't say yes if you don't apply.CERB - steps.png

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Apply.  They only require a declaration from you (checking a box) that you qualify.  You'll receive your funds in a few days if direct deposit, a week or so if by mail.  If the government requires any proof in the future, they'll request it, but given the scale of this program, I'm sure enforcement will be at a pretty high level.  Make sure you check which days you can apply (based on birthdate).

Ian

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Basically the government is handing out money on request, with the proviso that you will be paying it back with your taxes next year if you go over the limit.

If you are running a small business which has had a drop in income, there is a plan for you too. But very basically, it is $40,000 of which $30K is overdraft protection and $10k is a grant.

And if you do get money, spend it locally to boost the Canadian economy.

Most eBay Canada sellers are Canadian residents. Just saying.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Did you declare to CRA the $8k as income last year?  If not, I think it is very unwise to talk to the same government about income they have no record of.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply