Why is it now next to impossible to sell any and all items from Canada on eBay?

Can anyone tell me why it is now next to impossible to sell anything on eBay from Canada. This never was the case in the past and it now seems that somehow eBay has restricted the users able to see Canadian Listings ... Is this True?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why is it now next to impossible to sell any and all items from Canada on eBay?

There is no limitations on visibility for items listed on ebay Canada so long as you have your shipping settings correctly established. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Why is it now next to impossible to sell any and all items from Canada on eBay?

That isn't true. Mine are fine but nothing is showing up unless you are in Canada and occasionally out of country.  It doesn't work to check on others like uk or .com  It only checks out if a friend in another country tries to find you.....they can't. With sales tax now, I quit as soon as my annual shop subscription expires. I don't sell enough to cover my fees and after $500 a month average not long ago I can put it down to .ca for sure

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

yes it is.   I have friends in other countries that can not find me even though my settings for ship everywhere are correct but if I go on .com myself I can find it. Funny how they can fool you that way

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Your listings only have shipping to Canada and USA.

If you want to be seen elsewhere take half an hour and revise your listings for either Calculate or Flat Rate shipping .

You have to hit Choose Custom Destination again after you fill in the USA information.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@sheepgal54 wrote:

... but nothing is showing up unless you are in Canada and occasionally out of country.  It doesn't work to check on others like uk or .com  It only checks out if a friend in another country tries to find you.....they can't.

You can check by changing your destination country when you search to see if you are visible to people in that country. Just make sure to reset your country when finished or you can get some really odd search results when you look for stuff later.

Your listings are in the main search section for Canada and USA, for all other sites (unless you pay visibility fees) you'll be at the bottom in the items found from eBay international sellers section -- which only shows if there are not enough "local" site offers in the search results.

The buyers have to select Worldwide for Item Location to see you in the main search area.

Some examples:

eBay.co.uk (United Kingdom) has Item locations of: default / UK only / European Union / Worldwide

ebay.fr (France) needs Monde entier to be selected

I search tested with carded sheep wool and carded sheep wool roving in "All categories"

ebay did ask if I meant carved sheep wool -- one alternate listing for that Smiley Very Happy

-..-

Message 6 of 6
latest reply