Listings no longer showing up on ebay.com *gLiTcH*

I have been listing for quite some time now on both ebay .ca and .com but recently around this Jan my listings show up on .ca but some are simply ghosted on .com. I went through all my listings to make sure it wasn't because of the recent changes to all the shipping changes.
Everything is fine just the way I have done it for years but some of my listings simply will not show up. I called ebay and she was more confused then me. We did some messing around and finally one of the listing appeared. Fine...
However now a ton of my listings will not show up and no matter what I do they just will not show. They are on .ca but not .com
Also I normally click USA on the "Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs" but one EVERY listing after I click it and finish the listing, when I return to "revise" its deselected on all my listings which has never normally happened. no matter how much I click it, it self deselects. However even with this some listing show up but not all. I notice its my higher priced things. Its like ebay is ghosting them!
A couple that are not showing up are:

One other small thing, how do I follow this thread? I will copy my URL but if there a place where I can follow this?

Shipping settings as follow:

Domestic shipping
Services- Flat: same cost...
service- Canada Post Xpresspost $25
3 day handeling

International shipping
Flat: same cost....
Ship to: choose custom location - checked only USA
service - canada post xpresspost- use $25

Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs
Will ship to Canada and the following:
Check USA but this deselects itself!!!

Exclude shipping locations:
I exclude everything except PO box and North America.

I have done this for years and have never changed this.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

271175741072 comes up just fine for me on both sites. Not sure what problem you are having.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

If you search by the listing number, they do come up but I think the OP means that they don't come up on .com when searched by keywords. Shipping for the U.S. seems to be set up correctly so it is odd that they are not showing on .com

One thing that I noticed is that if I click on see other items or on your store on .ca, it shows 281 items but if I do the same on .com, I see 278 items...a difference of 3 but there seems to be more than 3 missing.

Have you tried resetting your listings with the bulk edit function? Go to bulk edit and go through the process..you shouldn't have to actually do an edit..just go through the process.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

One other small thing, how do I follow this thread? I will copy my URL but if there a place where I can follow this?

At the top of this thread right under the title there is a link for subscribing to this thread so that you will get an email whenever there is a new response.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

You sell USED stuff.

Remove the words "mint" or "near mint" from your title and that may fix the problem.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

The exact same thing is happening to me. Someone emailed me and said my listings were disappearing from eBay. I looked on ebay.com and in my store there was only 5 of the 62 listings there should have been. I then checked .ca and all my listings are showing up there. Last night everything was fine on .com as I always access my eBay through there. I refreshed the screen on my .com store page a few times and 1 by 1 the last 5 disappeared and its not now showing 0 listings. What is going on?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Ya I REALLY think there is something up!
PJcdn2005 Ya your right I was just giving the numbers but if you search the title they don't show up.
I didn't know it was showing 281/278 so I will look into that.
I will try the bulk editor and see what happens. This might work because its stuff like this that fixed my listing at one time.

pierreleblel I was hoping you were going to chime in 🙂
Thanks I understood that we were allowed or even suppose to put mint instead of like new but maybe this is my problem.

I'll play around and let ya'll know if I get anywhere.
THANKS!!!!

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

-Just tried removing "Mint" but it didn't work. I have had this for year on many items so I though maybe it would work since ebay is tightening up but I also just read we can have "mint" just not "like new" on used items.

Time to try something else... 😞

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

OH WAIT!!!!! HA!!!! Pierreleblel it just showed up!! It took a little while but its up now!!! This could be the fix. I will try with all my other items and see what happens.
If this doesn't work I will try PJ's suggestion.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I spoke to someone at customer service for over an hour. She was very nice but no one there had any explanation for why the listings would disappear from .com and remain on .ca. I had all the shipping set up properly. I have been selling on eBay for years and this has never happened.

They told me not to list my auctions on .ca anymore but instead to list through .com. I tried this and my listing showed up on both .com and .ca. Then about an hour later a few of the listings that disappeared from .com started showing up again. I tried listing another auction through .ca again and it showed up on .com.

There must be some kind of glitch. My worry now is that they'll start disappearing from .com again. This really sucks.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Gosh ya there definitely is a glitch in my opinion. I have all my listings up now! but there was a process.

Breakawaysc when USPS and Canada Post did all their change what happened to about 75% of ALL my listings is because the changes created new methods of shipping it defaulted to wiping out all my shipping info which lead to my listings vanishing. I had to go though all my listings and re add the shipping cost to the international stuff which was wiped out. Eventually I got frustrated and just bulk edited them all the same and now eating a little shipping which is fine. Make sure they didn't wipe out your international shipping.

Also I found that taking away the "mint" as pierrreleblel suggested worked partly. They would still not show up until I went BACK into the listing again and clicked on that check box:

Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs
Will ship to Canada and the following:
Check USA but this deselects itself!!!

It will self declick but just go in a couple times and click it on if this is what you do. Then wait for about 5 min and you listing might show up.

Mine did, well then one vanished again, but its back now again ha ha hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

When you edited the word Mint you were editing your listings so that would have reset them just like bulk edit would have. I don't want to take the credit away from Pierre but it is just as possible that they work now because you edited them. That doesn't explain though why the ship to United States box is becoming unchecked.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I actually tried quite a few edits on the post yesterday thinking the same thing but nothing changed. I even deleted the international shipping and changed the price but that still didn't work. I think ebay is tightening up on the Mint thing now or that stupid box that keeps unchecking...

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

mssface
Community Member

i just find out that many of my listing doesn't appear in ebay.com search as well!!!

Authentic Chanel No.5 Plated Pendant Necklace VIP Limited ( Item number: 310633225361)

i started this item with 0.99$ and the item never show up on ebay.com? and now with 4 days left and bidding for like 7$, it is so unfair when there is only Canadian buyers can see my 0.99$ listing!!!! i can now pretty sure i will lose money on this item, WILL NOT LIST ANYTHING WITH 0.99 AGAIN!!!!

And also my other item that never show up on ebay.com:

Authentic Balenciaga Grey Leather Giant Silver City Specchio GH 173084 ( Item number: 310635557216)

Authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Leather Gold Buckle Belt 32/80 ( Item number: 310635561230)

Authentic Bottega Veneta Gold Woven Leather Belt 30/75 Great Condition ( Item number: 310635568417)

Please tell me how to solve this problem!! i just open my store as well, very sad! 

Should i call ebay now?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

What I found recently is that my items list as shipping to USA and Canada do not show up when searching Ebay.com unless I manually set the search criteria to World wide or North America. When I search for items on Ebay.ca I see all kinds of items from USA , JAPAN CHINA etc with my search criteria set to default i.e. ebay.ca. What gives? are we Canadians getting the short end of the stick ? 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I checked a few of your listings and the problem is with your listings, not eBay.

To be seen on eBay.com (USA) your must show:

1) shipping to USA

2) offer a shipping service and shipping charge for shipping to the USA.

Both requirements must be met or your listings will not show on eBay.com

Make sure when you select a service that is relevant to the USA.  Often sellers select the wrong shipping service for the item (weight or measurement do not meet the minimum or maximum for that specific service)

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, but does that mean a fixed shipping cost ?

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Thanks again , I got it, Working now.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I am glad to see you have figured out how to show your items on eBay.com by adding service and shipping charge to the USA.

Now, you have to do the same thing with your international (worldwide except for USA) destinations.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply