Template Question

I want to edit a saved template. Where do I find it?. It says, its on the inventory section but I cant find that one either.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Template Question

What tool are you using for the saved template?

eBay online Sell Your Item?

Turbo Lister?

Third party tool like Auctiva or inkFrog?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Sell Your Item.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

I am confused as to how you see a message that it is saved to inventory.

The regular Sell Your Item form can save drafts not inventory section. You can also save up to 10 templates from the Sell Your Item form but they are called templates and do not save to inventory.

To make things a little more confusing, if you list on eBay.ca Canada, you have only one draft to save for the SYI form. On eBay.com, you cam have several drafts saved.

If you are subscribed to eBay Selling Manager Pro it uses the SYI form, it saves to inventory and it is called inventory.

If it is a saved draft, just click on the sell button on the top right and it will bring up a choice for continuing on a saved draft or starting a new listings.  If you have it saved as a SYI saved template, the sell page will give you a section at the bottom for accessing the 10 SYI saved templates. But the saved templates option only shows when you have at least one saved template.

If you are subscribed to SM Pro, then in My eBay on the left column, Selling Manager Pro will only show as an option on the Activity tab when you hover over the Activity tab. Move down and click on SM Pro.

That about covers all that I can say at this time because I do not know where you are seeing inventory. I am probably missing something when I checked. Sorry if I am not much help.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

I dont know if im saving this template right. You click on "Save this listing as a template and use it to sell similar items" and edit listing. Is that correct?. I tried "Save this for later" on the top right corner and the template window is not showing up. Its just replacing the draft I made before.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Start again.

What exactly are you trying to do?

List an item similar to the last one using the same template?  If so, click on "sell a similar item".  It is that easy!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

I dont know if im saving this template right. You click on "Save this listing as a template and use it to sell similar items" and edit listing. Is that correct?. I tried "Save this for later" on the top right corner and the template window is not showing up. Its just replacing the draft I made before.

I know where you are now.

Save this for later saves the draft of the listing you did not finish and list. This draft will be saved each time and overwrite the draft.

The 'Save this listing as a template" is being saved as one of the 10 saved templates that the SYI form allows.

If you click on the Sell link on the top right, you should see a Sell page with "welcome sellers" and two sections (1) Please complete your listing (2) Sell with a template.

The section with Sell with a template is where you saved template for later use is saved.  Click on manage templates to see all the templates you saved. A maximum of 10 templates is allowed.

Now this feature of 10 saved templates is a big difficult for a new eBay user to understand. It has two purposes. One to save work in progress and two to create a master template to start new listings from.

It is a bit difficult to explain how to use this 10 saved template feature.

What I would suggest is that you used the eBay schedule option to save your work in progress.

On the first page of the SYI form, there is an option near the price to schedule your listing. Schedule it 2 weeks in the future.  When you get to the second page, list submit the listings and it will be in the eBay schedule system.

On My eBay, there is a section on the left for Active, Sold, UnSold and scheduled listings.  Click on the scheduled listing and you will find your scheduled listings.  You can easily work on the listing now. When completed, and ready to list, change the scheduled time to start immediately.

PS You can get your work in progress from the 10 saved templates by going into the listing in Manage templates and scheduling it and submitting it from there.  Then continue work from My eBay Scheduled listings.

PS I have attached a screen shot of the Sell page from my account.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

To see the screen shot full size, at the top of my post you will see a grey triangle beside 1 attachment. Click on the grey triangle to get a list of the attachments and click on the attachment blue link.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Mine doesnt have that template section.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

I did.

What im trying to do is to try to create 1-2 templates.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

The template section will not show unless you have at least one saved template. So maybe you did not save it?

I am still confused with the inventory reference you made in the first post.

Go with my second suggestion and create a listing with a scheduled start time 2 weeks in the future. It will not cost anything and you will be able to continue editing it (revise) until you are ready to list. Then change the start time to start immediately when you are ready to list.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Here is a direct link to manage your templates for the SYI form. I do not know if it will work if you do not have at least one saved template. If it does, create one. Make sure you just save the template and do not submit it.

http://cgi5.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

How do I properly save it?.

Check "Save this listing as a template and use it to sell similar items" and then I have the option to list item or edit listing.

I read the inventory reference somewhere in the ebay help section. I was trying to find it again but maybe I read it wrong.

How do I change the time?.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Works now!. Thanks for the link pocomomputing.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Some comments on using the 10 saved templates.

- The last saved template is the default. Hard to switch another template to the default. The default it the template that shows on the Sell page with the  Sell with a template shown in the Start Selling box.

- I usually use the Manage templates page to work from. You can edit and revise a saved template and this will aloow you edit and revise the template and save it without listing.

If you use the Sell with Template on the Manage templates page, it will start a new eBay listing for you with the template details that you chose. It will copy the template and not update the saved template unless you tell it to on the second page.

This is important to know because you can get confused as to what is happening.

So know the difference between Selling with a template and editing a saved template.

So use the Manage templates to revise your "master" template until it looks good. Use the master template to set up you default shipping methods, return policy, payment information as well as the basic information in your description.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Awesome!. That was very helpful.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Template Question

Thanks pocomocomputing, I also could not get to my saved templates, but your link solved the problem.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply