When listing an item(s) how can I insure the listing is seen in ebay Australia?

When I list an item how do I ensure my listing will be seen on ebay Australia?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Your current listing shows:  Ships to: Canada

As such, it will not been seen in Australia nor the USA (the largest market in the world.

To have your listings seen in the USA, you must select USA as a country you ship to, select a shipping service and enter a shipping charge.  ALL three factors are required.

The same applies to Australia although you could select "worldwide" and it would achieve the same results.

Currently, your listing shows a location of "Calgary" and the shipping shows "shipping from outside Canada" and the shipping charge is extremely too high at $15.00.  It does not cost $15.00 to mail a cover.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the useful information re add exposure.  The $15 mailing cost was because of registration, to be sure of secure delivery.

How should I handle this registration issue?  Can I still amend the add to make world wide?

I am new at this and am glad to have any suggestions.

Buzznorton2013

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does cost around $15.00 if by registered mail or Expedited Mail or XpressPost.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Don't 'register' your shipments. PP does not recognize registration as Delivery Confirmation.  (Which is stupid, but...)

Are your customers really so dishonest that tracking is necessary? Could you instead use Cookie Jar Insurance? This is just a cutesy name for self-insurance.

You add a few pennies to every asking price (or shipping fee) to cover the cost of the very occasional "item not delivered" claim. If you get such a claim, you take the money to refund the un happy buyer from the virtual Cookie Jar where you tossed all those virtual pennies and refund him. With of course a polite note asking him to refund the refund when the item arrives.

In my experience, these requests are very few and most will cooperate.

Philatelists are a very honest bunch. I've been dealing with them for over 45 years and while we've had the odd problem, this is not a difficult group to work with. If you were selling dolls or horsetack or sportscards, things might be different.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Part of the problem might be that you apparently have no eBay experience.

Could I suggest that you do some buying on eBay to see what it is like from your customer's perspective? Most suggest buying shipping material like poly envelopes or a scale.

Also having some feedback is protection against scammers who prey on zero feedback sellers.

If you are a dealer or have exhibited, set up a ME page giving your credentials. These pages are pretty much ignored, but they don't hurt. Your society memberships might also give some scammers pause, since those show you are connected within the hobby.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply to my inquiries. 

Forums are a great way to learn from experienced users.

buzznorto2013

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Part of the problem might be that you apparently have no eBay experience.

Could I suggest that you do some buying on eBay to see what it is like from your customer's perspective? Most suggest buying shipping material like poly envelopes or a scale.

Also having some feedback is protection against scammers who prey on zero feedback sellers.

If you are a dealer or have exhibited, set up a ME page giving your credentials. These pages are pretty much ignored, but they don't hurt. Your society memberships might also give some scammers pause, since those show you are connected within the hobby.

About Me eBay page is being discontinued.

Announcement here on eBay.com, no similar announcement on eBay.ca but I have to assume it applies to eBay.ca.

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/01/upcoming-changes-to-about-me-pages-personalize-your-ebay-profi...

Upcoming changes to About Me pages—personalize your eBay profile today

Announced last year, eBay profiles are the latest—and best—way to engage with other members, share your collections, and showcase your expertise and business.

Starting June 2, About Me pages will be no longer be available—and as of February 17, creation of new and editing of existing About Me pages will be ended—so if you have yet to complete your new eBay profile, now’s the time!

You can access your eBay profile either by going to ebay.com/usr/eBayUSERID, or by first clicking on your user name that appears in the top left-hand corner of your home page, then clicking on your user ID that appears in the first section of the drop down menu. Learn more about completing your profile, as well as everything the page has to offer.

We hope you update your eBay profile, and as always, thank you for being a part of eBay!

Sincerely,

The eBay Social Commerce Team

Message 8 of 8
latest reply