using my own postage????

I  have not sold on E-bay for a couple of years.  I couldn't find a spot to tell the buyer that I had sent it to him.  Are we now required to have  E-bay figure out how much  I must pay?  It was sent in an envelope because it was just a  4x6 photo.  It might be my last time on E-bay. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

using my own postage????

Hi there,

It looks like there are a couple of things going on in your message, and I'm not sure which it is you're trying to sort out, so I'll answer both of them.

1. If you aren't using a shipping service that's linked with eBay, you can easily mark the item as shipped using the More actions drop-down menu on your Sold page:

286656.image0

2. No, eBay will not calculate shipping for you, unless:

1. You use the calculated shipping option, or
  2. You use the Shippo label service.

I hope that answers your question(s)!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

using my own postage????

If you go to your Sold Listings tab on the left hand side of your home page you can update the tracking info. In your situation Letter & a date if you like and in the 2nd drop down choose CPC for Canada Post Corporation. Hope that points you in the right direction. Also, from that tab you can message your buyer to let them know their item has been shipped. You can also update from the View Sales Record Tab.

-CM

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

using my own postage????

Thank-you so much.  Getting back in the swing of things takes time and  a thoughtful  person such as yourself Take Care Will

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

using my own postage????

Thank you very much.  I appreciate you taking the time to help a senior like myself.  Take Care Will

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

using my own postage????

Happy to have helped, Will!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

using my own postage????

It was sent in an envelope because it was just a  4x6 photo. 

As I understand this, you used LetterPost, which is cheap but does not offer tracking.

That's fine, but remember that tracking is a Seller Protection.

Most people are honest and the postal system is good at what they do, but if the buyer claims Not Received, you are going to have to refund the entire payment.

And the buyer may well not have received his purchase. No one except him knows.

But adjust your asking price to allow for the very very occasional problem.

You may find this useful. Remember that when you buy with your Small Business Solutions card, you get a discount on most services.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

And here is Shippo for larger shipments:

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/shipping-returns/shippo-labels.html

You will need your Small Business Solutions number. Shippo discounts match or exceed Canada Post /SnapShip discounts.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

using my own postage????

Not a problem Will. Happy to help! All the best with future sales.

-CM

Message 8 of 8
latest reply