Check your payments as Ebay has a glitch as buyer paid $90 but Ebay shows $80

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

marnotom!
Community Member
Is the buyer located in a country/US state where eBay has to charge the buyer sales tax on the purchase? eBay charges the buyer your sale total plus the sales tax but takes the tax off themselves to remit. You should only see in your payout what you charged the buyer less fees.

Also all eBay fees, including FVF, PL, and shipping are charged to the invoice and only the remainder will be transferred to your bank.

With PP, we saw some of these, but others were charged monthly by eBay. Now the monthly charges are only for Store subscriptions and possibly a few other matters like refunds.

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

As a new seller I like the opportunity of doubling the quantity of listing I have. How does one go about doing so?

List different items on each site. As long as you have shipping enabled to the USA on a dotCA listing, customers on dotCOM will see your listing in USD on the dotCOM site.

And vice versa.

All you have to do is change the dotCA in the URL box at the top of your eBay page to dotCOM and you will be transferred.

There are a few quirks.

You have to list in USD on the dotCOM site.

You still have to give your location as Canada, since you will be shipping from here.*

You will be using Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location.

But you will get better exposure in the world's largest market, the USA.

*But do Search the Boards for "chitchat".  This is one of the companies that take Canadian shipments across the border and mail them through the cheaper USPS.
I can't use them because they do not have a reasonably nearby terminal, but many sellers swear by them and other similar businesses.

it was telling me I was charged in the last 48 hours, to relist items that I had sold 2 months earlier.

The charge is Bad Thaing but the notification is a Good Thing.

Now you can quickly spot and remove those duplicated or incorrecty relisted items before someone buys them.

I've been caught on that glitch more than once.

For the record, what charges were they?
Did you go over the Store Subcription allowance? Do you not have any promotional Free Listings at this time?

An Anchor Store costs $350 a month but gives you 10,000 listings at no further charge.

A Premium Store  costs $60 a month but gives you 1000 listings. Each listing over that costs you a nickel.

We also have the opportunity to double those listings by putting listings on dotCOM as well as on dotCA. So a Premium Store would actually give you 1000 Canadian listings and 1000 US listings, for a single subscription of $60.

The system has a TON of glitches. Terapeak results are incomplete and useless. Pay close attention to not just your bill, but also to the list of savings that Ebay sends you. Where it shows you how much each listing cost you, how much you saved on that price, etc. 

I was looking at mine recently, and it was telling me I was charged in the last 48 hours, to relist items that I had sold 2 months earlier.   What is the benefit of getting a report showing all your savings from the month, if half that information is false? It means the entire report is now useless information.  If I'm getting this information as a benefit of being a store owner, AND then the information is incorrect & useless,  then obviously it's no longer a benefit. So then why am I paying for a store, if the benefits in doing so, aren't available?