Hi, we just created listings and got charged for the Subtitle. Is this monthly charge or one time ?

wiselly
Community Member

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

You would be charged every month when the listing renews.  Since subtitles don't show up in search, my opinion is that they are not worth the extra money so you might want to remove it before your listing renews again.

A friendly heads up, if you did not realize there was a subtitle fee or you accidentally activated a fee based option you can revise the listing and remove the feature then contact ebay and they will refund you the money. This only works if you catch the fee-use-error fairly fast, i've done it with a day or so and they have been good on refunding the money.

@wiselly 

If you used the feature...Accidentally or on purpose you will be charged the applicable fee. If you wanted to remove you can update the listing immediatiately or just before it rolls over in 30 days to not get charged for any additional months. If there are words you require you may need to modify your title to get under the limit of characters.

-Lotz

subtitles will be charged monthly on ebay.CA and ebay.COM

You will need to edit the listing before the monthly renewal to stop the additional charge.

However, Subtitles are not charged for on www.cafr.ebay.CA (french version of eBay.CA -- needs some knowledge of french and be willing to work with a listing form that is several versions old). 

I sometimes use it for items that have French (main title) and English (subtitle).

marnotom!
Community Member

My understanding is that the subtitle charge is for the listing and not for the item itself, if that makes sense.  That means that if your listing auto-renews, the charge will be applied again.

Have the "subtitled" listings uploaded and indexed yet? Because I don't see any subtitles on the 13 listings currently showing.

Interesting product BTW.