New listing "experience" awful

Well, they had to go and give us a new "experience", and of course it's a nuisance... long-winded, at times confusing, and restrictive. Yet another "fresh new look" with text spread as sparsely as possible in a sea of white and lots of little boxes that generate other little boxes, just to make the "experience" as time-consuming as possible. And nice little touches like "GMT-4" for "Eastern Daylight Time". So helpful. And let's not have sellers maintaining a familiar listing appearance that they've built up. Font and colour choices are now severely limited, with a dreary colour palette that won't even let you choose bright red. Of course the people who design these new "experiences" think they've done a wonderful job. But they're not the people who have to use their creations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

I posted this last week but it works well here also.

...so I went to revise one of my listings this fine morning, here in Montreal.

And I found myself face to face with that (already being battered and bruised) Listing layout, tool, mess (item specifics anyone).

I got as far as looking at the "simplified" item specifics...

...I stopped, saw those 3 dots, clicked, and found the "Switch Back to Classic Mode" and did so IMMEDIATELY.

They asked for FEEDBACK so I gladly obliged "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MESS!"

I logged back in and revised the listing I wanted to do initially, in 5 seconds.

Simplified my ...

eBay and their updates, what a joke!

and here we are, basically all saying the same thing!

What the hell does eBay "creatives" smoke, because it's certainly not Canadian grown...

In the old relisting method there was a feature at the bottom of the screen that allowed us to check if there are any fees before we went ahead and posted our listing but now in this new relisting tool I can't seem to find it.  The other day I was using the old screen and saw Ebay was going to charge me $4.50 for Bold which I had not used so I did not post my listing.  

For better or worse, this now appears to be a permanent change...the '3 dots' menu no longer offers any 'revert' option.

Unfortunately, I still can't find an equivalent to 'List as Lot' with a dropdown specifying the number of items within. Although it does appear that legacy form 'Lot' data is being ported into this new form, I still can't find any checkbox or menu option for changing/removing it.

Use templates.

Take an existing listing.

Use Sell Similar to get the original listing form - the older/classic form and preferably the Advanced/Business form.

Make the changes your new listing requires then click on Make Template at the bottom of the new lisiting.

(You don't even have to make any changes, just use the Sell Similar form to make a new Template.)

Name it.

Do it again. Do it again.

Each template could suit another sub-category in your Store.

You will have to watch that the Category line matches your newer listings, but you were doing that anyway.

Workarounds should not be necessary, but here we are.

A dog's breakfast. 

Who are the wingnuts that came up with this bit of insanity!?

A mess. Preview doesn't show some features of formatting, with Bold text shown without it and the occasional carriage return missing. Then when you do finally get to list your item the result is neither what you selected nor were shown in Preview. I chose Arial 18 and the result is Times New Roman 18. As usual, the makeover is all about appearance at the expense of functionality.

Tried it out months ago and NO, I won't use it...using the old, classic listing tool ...until I can't... and by then maybe I'll be gone from eBay, and/or I will no longer list much on eBay that it will matter anyway...

I have 2 other selling sites I utilize and they are much easier to use than eBay; albeit, the traffic on those sites isn't quite what it is on eBay but the sales are about same= once in awhile, now and then,here and there,occasionally,few and far between...as a hobby seller who does not depend on sales for income, it matters very little from what site the sales come through...just using the extra $ to spend on whatever I so choose....

Totally agree with you! It is far from being an improvement...

hi !  i agre with you !  e bay  site or page  creators are nuts  !  they created a so called improved  page  , a monkey could  have  done better  !  the  older classic version was so good , i wish there was a way to  go back to it .

when i am asked for  feedback  by the  e bay idiots  , i tell them to go back to kinder garden .

or better still !   GET LOST !

phc64
Community Member

Another feature of the new listing system (that I discovered the hard way) is that 'Accept Offers' is now the default setting.

In addition.

I use some simple HTML coding in my Descriptions and have those commands saved as a desktop file, so I can drop them into the Description box and add the needed sentences as I go.

Again just find an existing, acceptable listing, go to Revise, cut and paste the coded description to a text document for your desktop.

You can from that remove the original words leaving only the code ready to use.

Since the new format, I've only managed to do 10 new listings. This after trying many times for the past three weeks. I've contacted EBAY and they say that it is probably a bug and a technician will look into it...but still unable to create new listings. I tried using the SELL A SIMILAR item path but I can not go further than changing the photos. I tried starting from scratch...no luck. I tried using a template...not working. So frustrating

I agree and the person in charge of making these changes must have been hired only because they are the big boss's kid.  Take this person aside and give them some warm milk and say "back to Grade 6 for you!" 

@Big Boss: This is the kind of employee that will make YOU lose YOUR job and YOUR reputation!