Need advice on Canada Post refunds for an item lost in the mail - sent tracked/insured

Been selling for 20+ years on ebay, always send packages with tracking/insurance. 

Package was sent to a US freight forwarding company (at buyers request, with the address provided on ebay). Used Ebay shipping lables, sent Expidited with extra insurance added to $1000.

Tracking has been showing "item out for delivery" for almost one month so I filed a claim with Canada post.

Canada Post says they can do nothing because there is no email or phone number associated with this freight forward company.  Buyer is international and has no other information on the company.

My question: What is the use of adding tracking/insurance if we cannot claim it? Item is showing "NOT delivered" by USPS, so why do I have to have confirmation from the reciever that it was not delivered?

IF it was a fraudulent or wrong address, wouldn't USPS have returned it back to me? 

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

View Entire Topic

I don't understand why this label was created without entering a phone number, as it is mandatory for international shipping (whatever courrier used). Email of recipient is still an option, but the form should not permit to complete the purchase of label without entering a phone contact info.

How did you get the freight forward company info if they don't have an internet presence? There is no way you have a chance in insurance recovery without basic information to reach them... Best case would be it's sent back to you, but I wouldn't count on it.