How can I cancel Shippo for Ebay

Is there a way of cancelling Shippo. It does not work, never has and have not received any satisfactory help from Shippo. I want to be able to revert back to Paypal shipping but every time I print a shipping label from Ebay it takes me to Shippo. Tried printing straight from paypal but it always fail with a  error code of 6017, this issue happened as soon as I signed up  Shippo, or should I say forced to sign up with Shippo. 

How can I get rid of this mess.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

As far as I know there is no way to go to PayPal shipping directly from eBay.  

What sirt of roblems are you having with shippo?  Perhaps someone here can help you.  

I dont know what the error code on PP means. Have you phoned PP about it?  Is PP shipping set up with your CP small business account?

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

eBay.ca will only link to Shippo. That's where the eBay shipping discounts are handled.

To use PayPal you sign into PayPal and buy shipping directly from the transaction payment details.

If you are getting an error code with PayPal contact PayPal to see what the issue/error is.

PayPal now requires you to have a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business (Venture One) membership number set up before shipping labels will work.

The other online alternative is Canada Post's Snap Ship (new) or EST Online (older) label programs. Requires copy-pasting the address details, and a credit card.

-..-

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

You cannot 'cancel' Shippo but you're not obligated to use it. Simply log into paypal and create your postage labels there the same as you would if you had to go directly to Canada Post. 

There is a webinar on Aug 23 on Shippo and ebay that you may find useful. 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

As to the specific Error Code you are getting with Paypal, I am not familiar with it as I'd never seen Error 6017 in my five years of printing shipping label via paypal. You'd best call Paypal Customer Service for tech support with that. There is nothing on it at https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/errors/#dodirectpayment-processor-response-codes. Are you sure it was 6017 and not something else? 

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:

Is there a way of cancelling Shippo. It does not work, never has and have not received any satisfactory help from Shippo. I want to be able to revert back to PayPal shipping but every time I print a shipping label from eBay it takes me to Shippo. Tried printing straight from PayPal but it always fail with a  error code of 6017, this issue happened as soon as I signed up  Shippo, or should I say forced to sign up with Shippo. 

How can I get rid of this mess.

Is the error code 60017 and not 6017. If I do a Google search on keywords "Error 60017 PayPal" the topic below is found in the PayPal forums and it is about issues with Canada Post. Perhaps some of the possible workaround suggestions in this topic may work for you.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Feedback-for-PayPal/Paypal-Shipping-Error-60017/td-p/1159536

There are other topics in the Google search I used with mentions of Canada Post label issues with this code..

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

I gave up on Shippo pretty fast since it did not prefill and did not give me any more discount than Snap Ship.

But I rarely use parcel rates, preferring to use discount postage stamps.

I find Snap Ship will fill in my name and remembers my credit card. It also charges my card immediately.

Neither Shippo nor Snap Ship will take postage from my Paypal account.

I have to fill my customer's name, but for Canadian customers at least, it will suggest addresses and postal codes and then fill in the one that is chosen.

Or I can type in the correct address.

I did find that using landscape rather than portrait gives me a larger, more readable label.

But mostly it's my ballpoint and these.

100x 95 cent.jpeg

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

As far as I know there is no way to go to PayPal shipping directly from eBay.  

What sirt of roblems are you having with shippo?  Perhaps someone here can help you.  

I dont know what the error code on PP means. Have you phoned PP about it?  Is PP shipping set up with your CP small business account?

It simply does not work. It has added three Canada Post Carrier accounts and none work. I can't delete any of them and start fresh. Shippo customer service has not been helpful. they just sent me some boiler plate help info. I am positive my account is correctly entered. they said they would advance my ticket to their techs to figure out and get back to me, never did. it shouldn't' be this difficult

CanadaPost: Your account is not active.

CanadaPost: AAA Authentication Failure

CanadaPost: AAA Authentication Failure

I can't see anywhere on PayPal site that allows me to set up my CP account. I don't have any pending orders so can't experiment with a shipping label. when I log in it shows  a welcome page that praises the new shipping platform, but nowhere does it allow me to add/edit.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

As to the specific Error Code you are getting with Paypal, I am not familiar with it as I'd never seen Error 6017 in my five years of printing shipping label via paypal. You'd best call Paypal Customer Service for tech support with that. There is nothing on it at https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/errors/#dodirectpayment-processor-response-codes. Are you sure it was 6017 and not something else? 

I probably have the error code wrong as I was going by memory. I don't have any pending orders so I can't try a  shipping label.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

The other online alternative is Canada Post's Snap Ship (new) or EST Online (older) label programs. Requires copy-pasting the address details, and a credit card.

-..-

Yes, that is what I am using now and am quite impressed with it. I think I will just stick with SnapShip. I was just concerned that if there is any issues with shipping and I didn't use Shippo would Ebay put up some road blocks in any disputes.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I was going by memory and probably have it wrong. I searched for the error before and it was not listed in their response code table either. I suspect it is a old table that is not updated.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

eBay doesn't really care what carrier a seller uses. It's more concerned with on-time shipments for its buyers. Really big ebay sellers have their own volume discounts with couriers or carriers, eBay wouldn't penalize them for not using Shippo. The reason to use Shippo is the eBay-generated discounts. If you're satisfied with Snap Ship and aren't worried about a backup plan for when the CPC website is unavailable....? I'd probably still want to call
PayPal to figure out what their problem is with my attempts to purchase postage.
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@bpl521_sell wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Yes, that is what I am using now and am quite impressed with it. I think I will just stick with SnapShip. I was just concerned that if there is any issues with shipping and I didn't use Shippo would Ebay put up some road blocks in any disputes.

As long as you manually update the shipping information for the ebay sale you'll be fine.

-..-

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

You did enter the Solutions for Small Business number with the all the leading zero's for a 10 digit number?

I find it does not help that Shippo uses the same icon for Canada Post (eBay discounted) as it uses for Canada Post (regular discount).

-..-

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

You did enter the Solutions for Small Business number with the all the leading zero's for a 10 digit number?

I find it does not help that Shippo uses the same icon for Canada Post (eBay discounted) as it uses for Canada Post (regular discount).

-..-

Yes, I have the number entered as a 10 digit with the leading zeroes. Showing is three accounts , the bottom was created by Ebay during the migration process from within Ebay. The other two I added myself and they require passwords and a token keycode from Canada Post. 

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

"the bottom was created by Ebay during the migration process from within Ebay"

There was no premise under which a Solutions For Small Business account was created by ebay for me during the migration from paypal to Shippo. I think you may have a CPC account problem. 

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

I don't think that's part of the problem. I didn't have a SfSB account prior to signing up for Shippo so I was given the option to create one when I created my Shippo account. Since you already had a SfSB account, you probably just entered your number and clicked to go to the next page right away.

Edit: Never mind. I just re-read the OP's most recent post about eBay creating one for him. I don't know how that happened, since that didn't happen to me.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Yes, I remember the direction being something like, 'if you already have a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account, click here to continue and if you don't, please go to Canada Post to create one by clicking here'. But that account wasn't auto-generated, I'm pretty sure you had to leave ebay/shippo to go to Canada Post to sign up for the SfSB account, and then come back, right? It's not like it just happened for you. The OP has written something that makes it sound as if the SfSB account creation was spontaneous, and either I'm misunderstanding what has been said, misremembering what happened with mine, or something 'funny' happened with their account as it was created which sounds like it might be the cause of the problem with both Shippo and paypal since they both now require a SfSB account with Canada Post. 

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

"the bottom was created by Ebay during the migration process from within Ebay"

There was no premise under which a Solutions For Small Business account was created by ebay for me during the migration from paypal to Shippo. I think you may have a CPC account problem. 

I had an existing CPC account prior to Shippo. If I recall correctly the Shippo setupf rom within EBay (or at least initiated from Ebay ) just asked for my CPC account number. I have no issues signing into CPC, SnapShip, EST and printing labels, so I I think the issue is some connectivity or database linkage between the two as they relate to my account.

Shippo supprot help just sent me a new sign up link, will see how that goes.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

That may be but it doesn't explain your problem with PayPal. Have you read the link about the error you were getting?
Message 20 of 31
latest reply