SHIPPO

i JUST RECEIVED NOTIFICATION VIA PAYPAL THAT I WAS CHARGED BY SHIPPO $38.70 AS A PRE-APPROVED PAYMENT.  I WENT TO THE SHIPPO WEBSITE AND LOOKED UNDER THE TAB "BILLING" AND SAW FOUR CHARGES OVER TWO DAYS AMOUNTING TO $38.70.  WHAT IS THIS?  ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS?  I CALLED PAYPAL AND THEY COULD NOT EXPLAIN THIS BUT THEY DID GIVE ME AN IMMEDIATE REFUND. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

SHIPPO

Did you ship any parcels?

My "Pre-approved payment" to "Shippo Canada" matches my eBay parcel ship cost.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shama-lama-ding-dong wrote:

i JUST RECEIVED NOTIFICATION VIA PAYPAL THAT I WAS CHARGED BY SHIPPO $38.70 AS A PRE-APPROVED PAYMENT.  I WENT TO THE SHIPPO WEBSITE AND LOOKED UNDER THE TAB "BILLING" AND SAW FOUR CHARGES OVER TWO DAYS AMOUNTING TO $38.70.  WHAT IS THIS?  ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS?  I CALLED PAYPAL AND THEY COULD NOT EXPLAIN THIS BUT THEY DID GIVE ME AN IMMEDIATE REFUND. 

Hi Shama-lama-ding-dong.

Shippo is our new label printing partner.  So a charge isn't surprising if you set up your Shippo account and printed some labels, but it's very surprising indeed if you did not.

Had you set up a Shippo account yet? And had you printed any labels yet?

If the answer to either of those questions is "no", then I'll ask to have our friends at Shippo look into it for us. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

I checked Shippo CP rates and rates printing directly from CP site. The difference is mere pennies without taking into account  the variances from Shippo;s USD based platform. Checking FAQ pages ect, it's like Canada doesn't even exist.

No more discounted CP shipping throughEbay/ Paypal. For Expedited (ground) in most cases you will be better off using Fedex Ground for domestic and CP Expedited for US. Book and pay directly on CP site to avoid any surprises.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

@$ave$$$online wrote:

I checked Shippo CP rates and rates printing directly from CP site. The difference is mere pennies without taking into account  the variances from Shippo;s USD based platform. Checking FAQ pages ect, it's like Canada doesn't even exist.

No more discounted CP shipping throughEbay/ Paypal. For Expedited (ground) in most cases you will be better off using Fedex Ground for domestic and CP Expedited for US. Book and pay directly on CP site to avoid any surprises.

You aren't going to see the discounted rates in Canadian dollars unless you sign up for Shippo through eBay.ca.

There are various posts on the sellers boards that compare rates between Paypal, Shippo, and CP's Snap Ship.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

Worst service ever I will never use shippo again! I can't stand these ads ons no one asks for. Save yourself much grief and ship stuff yourself much better off they suck.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

Suddenly this turned into a Shippo Roast!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

Sellers do not have to use Shippo - using Shippo is a choice not a mandatory thing...

I have NEVER used Shippo!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

@retroman_studios 

ZOMBIE POST FROM 2017

The problem with zombie posts is that the problems and solutions are often out of date and no longer accurate.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

SHIPPO

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply