Is anyone else here tired of being treated like trash by ebay and would like to do something

Is anyone else on here tired of paying ebay fees and recieving no service and being ignored by ebay. Would you like to do something about it??

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is anyone else here tired of being treated like trash by ebay and would like to do something

izzame
Community Member

Sure, in fact I was on the phone today for about an hour "sharing" my poor experience as a seller and buyer. I asked 2 questions: why should I continue to sell and buy on ebay and why am I paying fees and getting poor broken down site experience. She could answer neither question but will pass it on to their "mismanagement" people. There was nothing positive about the conversation and I also told her the ebay motto is "If it's broke we don't fix it" I challenged her and all ebay employees from top to bottom to prove me wrong.

Ebay has a lot deeper pockets than me so I am at the point of if I continue on ebay then I only have myself to blame as I have been here long enough to really know that the seller is considered and treated lower than dirt unless you are a big box, huge money maker for them.

So I am open to suggestions but as a small seller see the only thing to do is move off of ebay. Are they going to miss me, they won't even know I'm gone. If literally thousands of sellers leave in a short time frame, they may notice in passing but they just don't get it and with all the support from China and Japan, that seems to be their current focus.

I also pointed out that for a search I click the "North America" button and it is China, Japan sellers first and under International it starts showing US, Canada and then truelly International countries. So I am assuming the higher ups and tech people employed by ebay also don't know what countries constitute North America. Her response was that the China, Japan sellers pay for International exposure. Um so do I as I ship Canada, US and International only I am located in North America. As a buyer I don't wish to scroll trough all the China, Japan first to get to sellers located in what I know as North America, especially since I went to the effort of clicking, Show me sellers in North America. Her response, I will pass on your thoughts and imput. I laughed and said it will do no good as they don't want to hear it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Unfortunately, like izzame mentioned, eBay will not even notice if few sellers leave.  They don't even care.  I honestly can't say I've had many pleasant experiences dealing with their customer service, 9 out of 10 time I called, I get off the phone mad at myself for even thinking I would get help.  In the last 5 years their service has been declining, especially for Canadian sellers,   Employees have no clue about eBay Canada, they provide wrong answers.  They seem to be trained in getting you more confused than when you first called, they don't pay attention to what you are saying and try to get you off the phone without helping you.

My sales have dropped well over 50% in the last 5 years, and every time I ask them for advice, they tell me that I'm doing great and to keep up the good work...what a joke, I'm a top rated seller. a power seller, 100% positive feedback, over 500 listings and I'm doing half the business I used to do with 180 listings, and they tell me that I'm doing great and keep up the good work...

I've complained many times and it got me no where. 

Here is another thing that puzzles me: 6 years ago when I used to participate in the "eBay big deal" I used to get an average of 400 sales in one week on one item.  Now when I participate, they list 13 of my items on the big deal and I get 3 sales if I'm lucky in one week.  Something doesn't make sense.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What you are saying is exactly what I'm talking about. I spent 6 months trying to get them to fix their site. They always expect the sellers to waste their time trying to fix it.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

My sales have dropped to basically zilch since last June. I have started applying for a job. You can't run a business on this site.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply