Listing updates

Hey all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to see when the last time was I updated an item? For example, I run an eBay store. When items have been up for a month, I like to lower the price to try to get it to sell until it gets to 1.00. After a month at 1.00, I remove it. The challenge is, lets say at item is listed for 5.00 and I lower it to 4.00, I cannot seem to find a way to see WHEN I lowered the item to 4.00 so I know when to lower it again.

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Listing updates

@jebol_1323 wrote:

Hey all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to see when the last time was I updated an item? For example, I run an eBay store. When items have been up for a month, I like to lower the price to try to get it to sell until it gets to 1.00. After a month at 1.00, I remove it. The challenge is, lets say at item is listed for 5.00 and I lower it to 4.00, I cannot seem to find a way to see WHEN I lowered the item to 4.00 so I know when to lower it again.

Suggestions?

Hey @jebol_1323! If you would like to see when and what revisions where done to an active listing you can go to the listing itself from a web browser, then when you scroll down right underneath the image of the item you will see two options of "Description" and "Shipping and payments". From there right underneath there is an option to "view all revisions". Here will show the date, time and what type of revision was made. 

devonebay_0-1658330738805.png

devonebay_1-1658330782713.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Listing updates

Is Hey an appropriate greeting?
GREETINGS TO AVOID: 'Hey! ' This is fine to use with your friends, but the very informal salutation should stay out of the workplace. It's not professional — especially if you're writing to someone you've never met.

What kind of greeting is hey?
Hey, Hey man, or Hi and Greeting a stranger

You can use “hey” and “hi” to greet someone instead of “hello”. Both are particularly popular among younger people. While “hi” is appropriate to use in any casual situation, “hey” is for people who have already met.

Is Hey a slang word?
It all started with one …. as an interjection for, say, surprise or warning, hey is recorded in the 1200s (not common as an informal greeting like hello until at least the mid-19th century).

Hey hey, besides doubling as a salutation, has been slang for such things as “a problem” and “sex” in the 20th century.

It's as bad as Dude or Bro being used in a professional setting, a sign of the lower standards to get workers nowadays.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Listing updates

devon@ebay wrote:

@jebol_1323 wrote:

Hey all,

Suggestions?

Hey @jebol_1323! If you would like to see when and what revisions where done to an active listing you can go to the listing itself from a web browser, then when you scroll down right underneath the image of the item you will see two options of "Description" and "Shipping and payments". From there right underneath there is an option to "view all revisions". Here will show the date, time and what type of revision was made. 

devonebay_0-1658330738805.png

devonebay_1-1658330782713.png

In the long ago past if you checked revisions it allowed you to see what the revision was. Somewhere along the way that just got changed to a date and that a change was made. I believe OP is looking for a more detailed history. Currently the only way would be to keep some sort of notes in a database or add to the note option as you update from your listings using edit. That would be most visible way as there is no way to search for specific revisions.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 094754.jpg

-Lotz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Listing updates

So, to do this method, you need to click on the listing first? This could take forever if you have 1800 items in your store. It should be a field or column right in the main view listing page that you can add.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Listing updates

Hey,

I'm confused. I'm not posting in my work place. I might suggest you keep your personal opinions on how to,write a post to yourself, or start your own thread and post your suggestions there. I'm sure you'll get at least 10 views. If you have something to contribute to the topic of the thread, feel free to say something. Other than that, post your writing suggestions somewhere else.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Listing updates

@jebol_1323 wrote:

So, to do this method, you need to click on the listing first? This could take forever if you have 1800 items in your store. It should be a field or column right in the main view listing page that you can add.

@jebol_1323 Yes to see the revision for the items you would need to click on each listing first in order to see that information. And just as @lotzofuniquegoodies mentioned you can add notes to all of your listings as a reminder of what the price of the item was previous to changes that you may make to it. As of now we do not offer a way to see revisions in bulk but that is something I can share with the correct team as feedback. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Listing updates

@jebol_1323 wrote:

Hey all,

Suggestions?

Why don't you just run a sales promotion? You can set the discount level based on time listed in the store. It should be pretty much set and forget.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply