Seller Cancelled Order Can't Leave Feedback. Leaving Cancelled Order Feedback.

So, I purchased an item online about two to three weeks ago. The seller marked the item as shipped. This week I received an E-mail telling me the item was "broken in transit". How do they know, it was addressed to me. Well, you can pretty well figure out how they knew. So, to save their reputation they cancelled my order and refunded me. I was miffed as the ability to leave feedback was no longer available. Petty? I don't think so. If they knew they did not have the item or that their supplier had no stock, they should have refunded me ASAP. Instead, they gave me a story about how the item was broken in transit which is totally unbelievable. I have never had "broken in transit" items I shipped out returned to me by the post office. The item was a camera filter. Anyway, I can find nowhere to leave feedback. Or can I? For those of you feeling the same way I was, here is a way to do just that. Mind you I did this after the refund. It worked for me and, it will probably work for you. How long the feedback will stay up on a cancelled order I do not know. What I do know is that it will stick for a bit and is displayed if you press on the sellers "Negative" stars. I don't think it was fair of them to tell Ebay that I requested to cancel the order when it was clearly they that cancelled and refunded. No, I never received the item. Just the grief of waiting for weeks. In case anyone wants to know, here's how it worked for me. And yes, it did work. And yes, I checked the sellers stars and the review was there. And yes, I had already received my refund. Yes, naysayers, yes. This may help other members. I hope it does. Here is how I did it:

1.  Click on Help And Contact on top left of Ebay home screen. This takes you to Customer Service Page.

2.  Type the words change feedback into the long search box.

3.  Just below the box the words "change or remove feedback" appear. Click on it.

4.  All the items you have purchased will appear. Choose the cancelled item and you will go to its feedback page.

5.  All is well again in buyer land....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A faster way to do that in a situation like that is to click on your feedback number which will take you to your feedback page. Scroll to the bottom and click on Leave Feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

A faster way to do that in a situation like that is to click on your feedback number which will take you to your feedback page. Scroll to the bottom and click on Leave Feedback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you. I had searched post after post and couldn't find an answer. Your way is a lot less complicated. I will try it if the situation presents itself again. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply